Booster needed for QM2 westbound cruise July 2022?

Hello,

I am not sure if I need to receive my covid booster (3rd dose) to be allowed to board QM2 at Southampton this summer for a westbound cruise to NYC.

I received my 2 doses of vaccine last summer in the US (August 2021) and was given a CDC card but I have not received my booster yet because I traveled to the UK before being eligible for it and I am still in the UK as I write. 

The information on Cunard websites differs whether it is on the US or the UK website. And since I will embark in the UK, I am not sure which one I should trust. On the US website, it says that a proof of vaccination is required for the 2 doses and it is recommended to receive a booster. But on the UK website, it says that a booster is mandatory if it has been more than 270 days since the full vaccination (first 2 doses) was completed, which is my case.

I am a US citizen with my CDC card and 2 vaccine shots listed on it. Should I get the booster in the UK? I called Cunard in the US but the person could not give me a straight answer and advised to get the booster just to be safe...

Does anyone know what is the Cunard policy for a transatlantic cruise from Southampton to NYC this summer? Booster or no booster for a US citizen?

Thank you!

Just to muddy the waters even further, the Cunard website is currently saying there might not be any vaccination requirements for your crossing. We have been discussing this statement found on their "Vaccination and testing policy" page on another thread.

"The vaccination policy currently applies to all voyages departing up to and including April 17, 2022 on Queen Mary 2 and May 14, 2022 on Queen Elizabeth. All other Cunard voyages on sale do not currently require guests to be vaccinated. This includes voyages on Queen Victoria, scheduled to return to service on June 5, 2022."

The policy can change for voyages beyond those dates listed at present. It would certainly seem a sensible precaution to be up to date on vaccines in case updated policy is published in the period before reaching the end dates in the current vaccination policy on the Cunard site. If you are in the position where you haven't had the booster, it might be a good idea to talk to Cunard directly and ask about likely policy for voyages beyond the middle of May. After all QV is not back in service until later, so the current policy doesn't really cover QV voyages on her return to service.

16 hours ago, bluemarble said:

All other Cunard voyages on sale do not currently require guests to be vaccinated

I am sure that will change if vaccination is still required for entry into lets say the USA for example

Ace, I have my fingers and goes crossed you are on the right track and vaccination requirements will stay beyond the dates mentioned on the Cunard website.

If some ports of call on Cunard itineraries require them, it will be interesting to see see how differentiating between itineraries is managed and how passenger confidence can be maintained in their onboard protocols on any Cunard ship which drops the requirement.. 

• Like 1