Cheers 15 drink limit

Woody14

1 minute ago, evandbob said:

One shot glass of booze usually holds 1 and 1/2 oz of liquor. 

15 drinks with 15 shots of booze each equals 22 and 1/2 ozs. of liquor.

A fifth bottle of booze equals 25 and 1/2 ozs.

So anyone hitting the 15 drink limit may be close to imbibing a fifth bottle of booze a day. 

If someone does that daily for a week long cruise, I'll guess that their liver enzymes would be out of whack and they would be feeling back and side pain from the overuse of their digestive organs, like stomach, kidney, pancreas and liver.

Challenge accepted! Take that, liver!

23 hours ago, BubbaD123 said:

Holy shoot! Is that what 'Friends of Bill' is?! I was wondering who that mamma jamma was! Everytime I pass by the library after supper, they usually have some sort of private event thing. I figured it was just bougie old people playing bridge or something. 

Sort of funny at the time story. We went to the library to find the ambassador, and walked into a "Friends of Bill" meeting with a beer in my hand. Needless to say, the leader of the group started yelling at me.

I understood her point, but it also was not marked that the library was in use.

Edited by tutzig
Spelling
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Princess and HAL also have a 15 drink limit with their alcoholic beverage package.

I stand corrected, makes sense as both are owned by Carnival Corp. I still maintain that CCL needs to drop the cap at their two main competitors, RCI and NCL have no cap.

7 hours ago, DarthGrady said:

I stand corrected, makes sense as both are owned by Carnival Corp. I still maintain that CCL needs to drop the cap at their two main competitors, RCI and NCL have no cap.

That's the way that it's always been. Since it works and it makes them money (the primary reason for selling the packages, they don't sell them to save passengers money) they aren't likely to change it. Of course I am presuming it is making them money because they are still offering the packages and they haven't changed the terms and conditions. (The fact that they are raising the price is consistent with the rising costs of other goods in these inflationary times.)

On 4/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, tap_out said:

We have had cheers I think 3 or 4 times now. Up until our last cruise we would hit maybe once a cruise. Our cruise last August on the Horizon we both hit it everyday. We were more then coherent and wouldn't say you would consider us drunks. We never begged and pleaded for extras though just meant it was time for bed. I realized when I got home what that really did to me. I think I put almost 20pds on and I was holding so much water it was hard to get my shoes on lol. It was worth it though. 

i know this exact feeling, I put on 17 pounds on a 7 day cruise from drinking a ton and eating so many sweet and salty foods. I’d guess 80-90% of it is water because it’s all gone in a week or two.