Requesting Rate Change/Upgrade After Final Payment

violetsmile

We are 12 days out from a 4-day Caribbean cruise on the Conquest that I booked on a whim for an excellent price ($77pp before port fees/gratuity).  However, we've now decided we want to add Cheers, which I've never done. 

Obviously, I could just *buy it* at the price of $518.74.  And that's a possibility.

My question is, though, since I'm well past final payment (and in fact I paid in full when I booked about 10 days ago...), could I work some other magic?  I expect that if I called my PVP just wanting another rate, it's not gonna fly.  However, right now we have an interior room on Panorama deck.  Getting a balcony on Panorama with the Cheers to You promotion would cost us an additional $662, or $144 more than just buying Cheers outright.  An interior room on Panorama with Cheers to You right now would cost me an additional $494 ($24 less than just buying Cheers) but I doubt I can change rates just because I want to since I wasn't booked Early Saver.  I thought maybe an upgrade would make it worth the PVP's time.

I'm also thinking about buying a gift card through AARP for this.  Could my PVP take the gift card over the phone if I did that?  I've never done it before, and have ready they are maybe online good online.

Thanks for your thoughts!

46 minutes ago, violetsmile said:

We are 12 days out from a 4-day Caribbean cruise on the Conquest that I booked on a whim for an excellent price ($77pp before port fees/gratuity).  However, we've now decided we want to add Cheers, which I've never done. 

Obviously, I could just *buy it* at the price of $518.74.  And that's a possibility.

My question is, though, since I'm well past final payment (and in fact I paid in full when I booked about 10 days ago...), could I work some other magic?  I expect that if I called my PVP just wanting another rate, it's not gonna fly.  However, right now we have an interior room on Panorama deck.  Getting a balcony on Panorama with the Cheers to You promotion would cost us an additional $662, or $144 more than just buying Cheers outright.  An interior room on Panorama with Cheers to You right now would cost me an additional $494 ($24 less than just buying Cheers) but I doubt I can change rates just because I want to since I wasn't booked Early Saver.  I thought maybe an upgrade would make it worth the PVP's time.

I'm also thinking about buying a gift card through AARP for this.  Could my PVP take the gift card over the phone if I did that?  I've never done it before, and have ready they are maybe online good online.

Thanks for your thoughts!

All you can do is call your PVP and get the correct answer!  I would think many of us have our own opinion but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is what Carnival will say 

• Like 1

If this involves giving Carnival more money, they will typically allow it.  We once changed ships less than a week before the sailing, but we our new cabin was almost twice the cost.