SDR versus Platinum Dinner at Food Republic -- NCL Joy

egurbi

What are the differences, if any, in terms of spend you are entitled to at Food Republic when using a Platinum Dinner coupon versus an SDP credit?

Bonus points for how you inform them you want to use one or the other if all the ordering and billing is done via tablet. 

Thank you in advance.

3 minutes ago, egurbi said:

What are the differences, if any, in terms of spend you are entitled to at Food Republic when using a Platinum Dinner coupon versus an SDP credit?

Bonus points for how you inform them you want to use one or the other if all the ordering and billing is done via tablet. 

Thank you in advance.

I believe the SDP entitles you to 4 items.  Don't know about the platinum dinner.

When we ate there we wanted to pay a la carte so we just asked our server to not let the system apply our SDP credit.  

4 items is correct.  Secret hack, use ONE dining credit (one card only) and each have two items, you will probably still be very happy and full.  Now you can have a second dinner at Food Republic on NCL.  :)   I also can't speak to the platinum dinner, sorry.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

I believe the SDP entitles you to 4 items.  Don't know about the platinum dinner.

When we ate there we wanted to pay a la carte so we just asked our server to not let the system apply our SDP credit.  

The T&Cs say 4 items. The Encore was giving 5 items this week (which we shared). Our 5 items totaled $83. 

2 hours ago, oteixeira said:

4 items is correct.  Secret hack, use ONE dining credit (one card only) and each have two items, you will probably still be very happy and full.  Now you can have a second dinner at Food Republic on NCL.  🙂 I also can't speak to the platinum dinner, sorry.  

I concur that 4 items made a nice meal for two of us, although I believe we did add a dessert on top of that.

You will have vouchers in your room for your platinum meals just hand it to your server when seated. The SDP shows up on your card swipe/screen sometimes they double check you want to use your SDP.

Here’s what the platinum voucher entitles you too

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

New Cruiser -question about this , If I have the "Free at Sea" credit (which is for the first two people in the room) and we each use our 4, with our 2 daughters (also in the room) since 2 per person seems to be a decent amount, will they give me an issue? What if I order 1 item for each of them?  Will they hover over us , to see if we share with our daughters?  I'm starting the see that the "free" dining isn't as much as a perk since the cost for my kids is going to be high no matter where we eat.  Any tips on this?

Edited by MrPhil101

6 minutes ago, MrPhil101 said:

New Cruiser -question about this , If I have the "Free at Sea" credit (which is for the first two people in the room) and we each use our 4, with our 2 daughters (also in the room) since 2 per person seems to be a decent amount, will they give me an issue? What if I order 1 item for each of them?  Will they hover over us , to see if we share with our daughters?  I'm starting the see that the "free" dining isn't as much as a perk since the cost for my kids is going to be high no matter where we eat.  Any tips on this?

You will all still be hungry, think of Food Republic as Asian fusion tapas.   :)  I don't think they would get mad, I have done the 1 meal free at sea hack for my wife and I before, and they didn't try to make us use 2.

33 minutes ago, MrPhil101 said:

For Food Republic, it won't be a problem. 

For the more traditional restaurants, sharing is frowned upon but servers will often look the other way when it comes to children (and even adults, sometimes). The children are able to eat from the (same in all specialty restaurants) kids' menu without charge. If you order an extra app for them, you probably won't get charged for it. Do some people get charged? Yes, especially those who try to abuse the system. Do most little things slide? Yes. 

For FR, just pick and choose what you want and use SDP credit to cover as much as you can....pay whatever else is needed to cover the rest. For a long time, the SDP couldn't even be used in Food Republic and everything was a la carte. 

Thanks, This is very helpful.

That sounds like the solution (my daughters are 13/15, so not little) but with FR , that might work $70 credit plus whatever the extra is, i may pick another one for our second credit or just forgo the second "free" meal