In Cabin Dining?

skiptomylou

We will be cruising with Seabourn on the Quest in May.  Our plan is to try in-cabin dining on our anniversary.  We have never done this before.  For those of you that have, can you provide some insight into the food options (can you order off any menu?), how the food is served (all at once or in courses), if you can also order wine/cocktails...Is your room steward your waiter as well?

I appreciate your insight/advice in advance!

You can order from the room service menu or the main dining room menu for that evening.  You can choose to have it served all at once or in courses.  There is a team of room service delivery people, the room attendants are not involved in meals.  You can absolutely have a bottle or two of wine or champagne delivered along with your meal.  We have never ordered cocktails to be delivered because the ship is so small it’s not an issue to go to one of the four bars that are open in the evening.  There are bars on decks 10, 9, 8 and 5.  Enjoy your trip!

We have tried in suite dining, and to be perfectly honest, we were very disappointed.  First, it was not easy to do.  We had a person on the other end of the telephone who didn't seem to know that we could order from the MDR menu to be delivered to our suite.  What?  I was surprised.  But, we did order, and it was not NEARLY as good as eating in the restaurant.  It was not hot, it was not delivered in courses (not offered) and it was a total disappointment.  

From our experience, I think you would have a much better anniversary dinner eating in the MDR or at the TK Grill.  Perhaps others have had better experiences, but our one experience was enough for me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think in-suite dining is great for breakfast, afternoon if you toured in the morning and are tired - and also for dinner if you've had a tough excursion day and just want to chill at home. And consider what you order - something simple or that you might not mind if it wasn't hot.

I agree with SLSD: for a special occasion, let the Maitre'd know in the MDR - or Thomas Keller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skiptomylou said:

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.  Our anniversary is on the last night of our cruise, so we will do a little on board checking and decide our course of action!  Thanks Again

I would never expect a great in room dining experience on the last night before disembarking.  I think it would be a shame to be caught up in a busy night and find yourself very disappointed.