Gem's Magnum champagne bar question

juju2454

Hello,  

we will be on the Gem in December,  and I have read most of the bar menus on here and other pages, but have not found one for the Champagne bar on Gem.

Is there one I just haven't found?  Is there one at all?  I have tried a search and well came up with every bar but that one and even those that did come up weren't helpful, sadly.    But I have those all saved  😉 

Anyone got a clue where to find one for Magnum champagne Bar?? 

Tia

There used to be a champagne bar on every NCL ship until a few years ago, then they on most ships changed it to a more "regular" bar (often called Martini Bar or something to that nature). And with that change, unfortunately the particular Champagne Bar menu that included different types of champagne cocktails in addition to various champagnes and sparkling wines also "dissappeared". Personally I have missed it ever since..... 

Edited by TrumpyNor

52 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

There used to be a champagne bar on every NCL ship until a few years ago, then they on most ships changed it to a more "regular" bar (often called Martini Bar or something to that nature). And with that change, unfortunately the particular Champagne Bar menu that included different types of champagne cocktails in addition to various champagnes and sparkling wines also "dissappeared". Personally I have missed it ever since..... 

On our cruise summary it appears here is still one on Gem,  along with a Martini Bar and sugar cane mojitos...

🙂

4 hours ago, juju2454 said:

Hello,  

we will be on the Gem in December,  and I have read most of the bar menus on here and other pages, but have not found one for the Champagne bar on Gem.

Is there one I just haven't found?  Is there one at all?  I have tried a search and well came up with every bar but that one and even those that did come up weren't helpful, sadly.    But I have those all saved  😉 

Anyone got a clue where to find one for Magnum champagne Bar?? 

Tia

I've been looking for the same thing.  Hopefully one turns up!  We are cruising just after you, in January.

9 hours ago, juju2454 said:

On our cruise summary it appears here is still one on Gem,  along with a Martini Bar and sugar cane mojitos...

🙂

6 hours ago, albertamom said:

I've been looking for the same thing.  Hopefully one turns up!  We are cruising just after you, in January.

5 hours ago, DuckTollerFans said:

It is still labeled that way. It's adjacent to the martini bar and near

Maltings

I repeat parts of my first reply in different wording then:

The Champagne Bar is unfortunately "converted"  to a regular bar in all aspects except the name, and has THE SAME BAR MENU as the bars "next door".

I have been cruising with NCL regularly since 2003 and the Champagne Bar used to be my favorite bar on every ship.  But after they stopped having a special "champagne menu", I find it to be just another bar and nothing special. 

Except that on the Jewel class ships it is usually also the "piano bar" onboard (which is nice, but still without a Champagne Bar menu).

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

I repeat parts of my first reply in different wording then:

The Champagne Bar is unfortunately "converted"  to a regular bar in all aspects except the name, and has THE SAME BAR MENU as the bars "next door".

I have been cruising with NCL regularly since 2003 and the Champagne Bar used to be my favorite bar on every ship.  But after they stopped having a special "champagne menu", I find it to be just another bar and nothing special. 

Except that on the Jewel class ships it is usually also the "piano bar" onboard (which is nice, but still without a Champagne Bar menu).

Gotcha!  I had hoped that since the Gem hasn't been refurbished yet, it would still exist in its former glory.  It would've been one plus to sailing on a well-worn ship.  ☹️

2 hours ago, albertamom said:

Gotcha!  I had hoped that since the Gem hasn't been refurbished yet, it would still exist in its former glory.  It would've been one plus to sailing on a well-worn ship.  ☹️

The Gem was refurbished in 2015.

This isn't a question of physical appearance, it's a question of the bar's menu.

I've been cruising on the Gem since its first US cruise in late 2007. The Champagne Bar has always been our main evening hangout because of the entertainment there.

The place doesn't look very different than it did originally. They biggest change was to take out the wood dance floor near the piano and stage.

The significant difference is the absence of a unique champagne menu...not that we care because we're not champagne drinkers. 

• Thanks 1