Oceania drinks prices 2022

BigCheese1

I have searched the boards but can only find old information.

My husband is trying to work out if he should get the drinks package (I only do soft drinks and coffee). I understand that on Oceania, 1 person in a cabin can do this (I know most lines insist you have packages for both people in the cabin - that would waste a whole load of money)!

Does anyone have an rough idea of the price of:

• a beer, like goose island or similar craft beer.
  • A glass of red wine, say a merlot?
  • A cocktail say a mojito?.

Then we can do the Maths and see what he should do.

Really looking forward to March 2023 - Marina - we haven't cruised with Oceania before - it looks lovely!

Thanks in advance!

49 minutes ago, BigCheese1 said:

on Oceania, 1 person in a cabin can do this

If you want to choose the beverage package as your OLife selection, both in the cabin must take it. One cannot choose beverage and the other choose OBC.

If you purchase  a Beverage package  you are correct that  both do not need to buy it

If you take the O Life beverage package  then both pax need to take it

If 1 persons drinks 4-6 drinks a day the prestige package  works

No craft beer on O

Figure average drink price $10 + 20%  without package

They also have Happy Hour  2 X  a night   drinks are 2 for 1

Captains welcome party free drinks for 2-3 hours on the 2 nd night (usually)

He could always wait a couple of days to see if the package would work better for him

13 minutes ago, zula said:

Sorry another question

Can you also pay corckage when you bring your own wine to dinner ?  

When you bring your bottle of wine to dinner they will charge you the corkage fee  & will store the bottle (if any left) for another time

23 minutes ago, zula said:

Is there another winelist for bottles , I seem to remember it being more than one page 

someone posted  several pages of the wine lists  some place in the forum 

If you can try the search feature you may find it

7 hours ago, Robjame said:

https://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_21_menus.htm#main

Current as of 2021.

Add 20% gratuity for individual drinks  which is included in drink packages.

Many, many thanks for all the very helpful responses, especially Robjame letting us have the whole price list.

That really helps.

yes I understand if we use the olife it would be both in the cabin, whereas if we purchase a package we will be able to buy a single person package. Some maths ahead but I think he may just use the OBC………

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

If you have the Prestige package  it does not matter 😉

I do not have any drink package at all. My husband doesn’t drink more than one glass of wine or one cocktail in a 48 hour period, so I would have to drink my body weight in alcohol. I’m just gonna pay as I go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruze4Ever said:

What drinks are included in Happy Hour?  Two for the price of one...do they have to be the same drink?  Thanks so much!

Just about anything on the bar menu

exceptions are drink of the day, some top scotches, XO Cognac & Martinis

Check the back page of the Currents  daily for more info

We cruised last month without a drinks package.  I think the beer was about $7-$8 (plus the automatic gratuity).  I think cocktails were $10-$13.  We drank plenty and came out ahead without the package, though we aren't wine drinkers.  The happy hours were great with 2-for-1 drinks before dinner and late night in Horizons.  Also in lieu of a captain's cocktail party there were a couple hours of open bars one night.  The specialty martinis, however, are excluded from happy hour.  There was also a half-priced "drink of the day" each day though they never seemed very appealing to us. If your cruise has a lot of sea days, you might get more value out of the package.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 minute ago, pamps2801 said:

Can only one person in the cabin buy the beverage package ? Or do both of you have to buy it. My wife doesn’t drink. Thank you in advance.

YES  just one can purchase the package

If you choose  the  Beverage Package as your O Life perk then NO  both parties have to choose the same perk

• 1 month later...

Another take on the question as I am evaluating my options-  if you choose the beverage package as the OLife option, do you get the basic package or the prestige package?  If it is the basic package, can you upgrade to the prestige package as part of OLife and just pay the difference?

22 minutes ago, kelsonhoff said:

Another take on the question as I am evaluating my options-  if you choose the beverage package as the OLife option, do you get the basic package or the prestige package?  If it is the basic package, can you upgrade to the prestige package as part of OLife and just pay the difference?

OLife is the Basic package - wine and beer at lunch and dinner in restaurants only.

‘Yes you can upgrade for $20 per person per day. Upgrade can only be done on the ship but does not necessarily have to be done first day. either package includes the 20% gratuitity.

$20 - about one glass of champagne including tip.

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1