Proof of vaccines

Wharton451

Hello, my son (14) had his second vaccine on the 28th of March. Which is 14 days ago. Checked his NHS app and its not showing. We sail on 16th this Saturday. I have rang 119 who were no help and someone will be contacting me within 21 days ! Even though I explained the situation. Anyone  experience this or overcome it ? Looks like we may miss the cruise ? Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Wharton451
Spelling

Just a thought ,Have you tried your own doctors receptionist ? She or a doctor may

be able to get into your sons records and if they did find it  then kindly print him a copy

should they find the elusive record .

Not much help but worth a try in your situation . Wishing you luck .

• Like 1

In Scotland we are able to log on with the NHS details that you used to book vaccine appointments, and can have a certificate posted to your house or you can download a copy to your phone with the QR codes on it. Had to do it recently as my app stopped working and didn’t show I had had any vaccinations!

1 hour ago, teamstewart said:

In Scotland we are able to log on with the NHS details that you used to book vaccine appointments, and can have a certificate posted to your house or you can download a copy to your phone with the QR codes on it. Had to do it recently as my app stopped working and didn’t show I had had any vaccinations!

We can do this in England too however when ours arrived showing all 3 of our vaccines in big bold type across the lead page it says NOT TO BE USED FOR TRAVEL

??????? so whats the point!

Apparently theres two different ones so you need this link now https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/nhs-covid-pass/get-an-nhs-covid-pass/get-your-nhs-covid-pass-letter/

Make sure you get the right one, i originally googled NHS covid pass omitting the travel bit which now explains why i got the above so make sure you get the right one. HTH

• Like 1

Thank you for the above info, my dilema is the time scale, I was told his app would be updated within 5 days it hasn't. Getting a letter out before my cruise is not possible taking into account Friday is a Bank Holiday. There seems no way of getting one and missing the cruise. 

5 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

We can do this in England too however when ours arrived showing all 3 of our vaccines in big bold type across the lead page it says NOT TO BE USED FOR TRAVEL

??????? so whats the point!

Apparently theres two different ones so you need this link now https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/nhs-covid-pass/get-an-nhs-covid-pass/get-your-nhs-covid-pass-letter/

Make sure you get the right one, i originally googled NHS covid pass omitting the travel bit which now explains why i got the above so make sure you get the right one. HTH

Oh thank you for that. I don’t think that’s the same here, the one I have downloaded just has a 3 month expiry date on it but no part of it says not to be used for travel. I’ll have another look just to be on the safe side!

Hi.I’ve checked mine and mine too says not for travel,p&o are asking for paper proof and I would of thought this is proof they need…does it mean you can’t use it to visit a port where you have to show proof…ps I’ve just sent off for the travel one now…hope it comes in time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

It should usually update within 24 hours on the NHS app. If not, possible that the person has keyed it incorrectly. Doctor's surgery likely to be best call.

People posting this sort of advice do not understand what is happening in the background with the vaccine / booster data.  It is not necessarily updated within 24 hours.  DO NOT blame the hard working NHS staff who are entering the data.  I have spent the day at an NHS vaccine clinic where there was a person entering the vaccination details immediately after patient was vaccinated but there can be queries on the data that that patient has given to us which prevent it getting uploaded.  Also consider the doctors surgery staff who are currently under a lot of pressure due to some staff being off with covid and/or stress.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

People posting this sort of advice do not understand what is happening in the background with the vaccine / booster data.  It is not necessarily updated within 24 hours.  DO NOT blame the hard working NHS staff who are entering the data.  I have spent the day at an NHS vaccine clinic where there was a person entering the vaccination details immediately after patient was vaccinated but there can be queries on the data that that patient has given to us which prevent it getting uploaded.  Also consider the doctors surgery staff who are currently under a lot of pressure due to some staff being off with covid and/or stress.

I wasn't blaming anyone. Just pointing out that mistakes can happen. I know because it happened to one of my family members. Doctors surgery were great at finding the relevant record and updating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wharton451 said:

Thank you for the above info, my dilema is the time scale, I was told his app would be updated within 5 days it hasn't. Getting a letter out before my cruise is not possible taking into account Friday is a Bank Holiday. There seems no way of getting one and missing the cruise. 

Might be a long shot, but it may be worth uninstalling the NHS phone app, and then loading it again

• Like 1

Update. Thanks for all suggestions, the one that worked was contacting GP, they took all details from vaccine card NHS number etc and they updated the system got a message yesterday from them saying it would be on the app in 24 hours, it is now on the app, so the cruise is going ahead. Thanks again. 

• Like 9