Pre-2006 Crown & Anchor

Does anybody remember how many points you should have received for pre-2006 Crown & Anchor points?  I'm trying to figure out if what they gave me was correct.

In 2001, I was in a suite for 7 days.

In 2004, I was in a non-suite for 7 days.

In 2005, I was in a suite for 5 days.

They gave me 21 for this.  Is this correct?  It may be, because I believe the transfer of the days was different back then, but I want to confirm it should not be 31.  Thanks.

The conversion formula for moving to the new system was this:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

I think you had 5 credits there with 2 credits for each suite cruise and 1 credit for the 2004 cruise.  So unless I have the formula wrong you should have 38 points.

Edited by Anton
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Anton said:

The conversion formula for moving to the new system was this:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

I think you had 5 credits there with 2 credits for each suite cruise and 1 credit for the 2004 cruise.  So unless I have the formula wrong you should have 38 points.

Your formula is correct. 2 points for each of the suites, and 1 point for the non suite, which would have been 5  points total. That should have given the OP 38 points and Platinum status.

• Like 1

I have the same question.  

2001 - 7 nights - non-suite - 

2002 - 11 nights - non suite

2003 - 7 nights - suite

They gave me 22 points for this.  In addition I have 29 undisputed points from after those years, so I am sitting at 51 points.  Does this seem right?  I am just not getting the "formula". 

13 minutes ago, honeybunches said:

I have the same question.  

2001 - 7 nights - non-suite - 

2002 - 11 nights - non suite

2003 - 7 nights - suite

They gave me 22 points for this.  In addition I have 29 undisputed points from after those years, so I am sitting at 51 points.  Does this seem right?  I am just not getting the "formula". 

You only got 1 credit per cruise. Double credits for suite or for cruises longer than 12 n were introduced later.

So 3 credits  x 7 conversion factor  = 21 + 1 as a bonus gesture = 22

This is when extra credits were introduced: 

Receive an extra cruise credit when you
sail on 12 night or longer cruise or cruisetour for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2003

Receive an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (categories RS, OS, FS, GS, JS) for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004

Edited by little britain
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, DonnaPei said:

Does anybody remember how many points you should have received for pre-2006 Crown & Anchor points?  I'm trying to figure out if what they gave me was correct.

In 2001, I was in a suite for 7 days.

In 2004, I was in a non-suite for 7 days.

In 2005, I was in a suite for 5 days.

They gave me 21 for this.  Is this correct?  It may be, because I believe the transfer of the days was different back then, but I want to confirm it should not be 31.  Thanks.

I believe you should have 29 ( 4x7+1).

Suite extra credit was introduced 2004 so you only get 2 credits on the 2005 cruise. 

Edited by little britain

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

I believe you should have 29 ( 4x7+1).

Suite extra credit was introduced 2004 so you only get 2 credits on the 2005 cruise. 

Yep.  I forgot about the dates they implemented the extra credits for suites and longer cruises.  So they still owe the OP more points, just not as many  as I thought she was owed.

40 minutes ago, CruiserEK said:

I recently contacted Crown & Anchor for assistance with retrieving my number as I had previously went on a 3 day cruise non-suite with RC back in 2001.  I was given 8 points.

Correct. When they did the conversion in 2011? any non-suite cruise less than 12 nights converted to 7 points, and the conversion table added 1 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1