Tell me what I need to know questions from a princess newbie?????

live2cruise2011

Good morning All.  Dh is going to be 62 and uses a scooter and I am 48.  I saw a good sale $1 deposit free beverage package, free internet $50 pp obc and tips all included. I ended up with an inside because of the scooter and needing an accessible cabin.  We have cruised carnival, royal, and Ncl.  Long ago I did Disney with the kids.  So first question is we are just about a year out when do excursions show in the princess site?  Next I thought since we have cruised Carnival that we get credit for those days on princess if this is so what do I need to do and I’m sure there are a lot more.  I’m just too excited to think and have not told hubby yet lol maybe I won’t.  We do a lot of Galveston trips for medical.  

Just now, live2cruise2011 said:

Next I thought since we have cruised Carnival that we get credit for those days on princess if this is so what do I need to do and I’m sure there are a lot more.

There is no loyalty reciprocity between Carnival Corporation cruise lines except for P&O cruises from years ago were recognized by Princess (that stopped more than 5 years ago) and IIRC Princess passengers get first level Mariner status (equivalent to being a past cruiser) on Holland America.

16 minutes ago, live2cruise2011 said:

I saw a good sale $1 deposit free beverage package, free internet $50 pp obc and tips all included

not free - just included in the rate ... a different rate should have been available without those ( maybe still include the OBC ? )

• Like 1

You didn't ask, but these are my favorites (I admit I love "free" $$).

1) if you or DH are active, retired or veteran - send a copy of docs (DD214) to Princess & receive up to $250 OBC (depending on length of cruise). Google is your friend for the full info.

2) if you own Carnival stock (good time to buy) - 100 shares qaulifies for same OBC. Google is your friend.

3) if you plan on sailing w/Princess again - while you're on the ship purchase at least one each Future Cruise Deposit. $100pp, fully refundable if not used w/in 2 years and is your full deposit for a next booked cruise. Also gives OBC depending on cabin class & duration of cruise.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You didn't ask, but these are my favorites (I admit I love "free" $$).

1) if you or DH are active, retired or veteran - send a copy of docs (DD214) to Princess & receive up to $250 OBC (depending on length of cruise). Google is your friend for the full info.

2) if you own Carnival stock (good time to buy) - 100 shares qaulifies for same OBC. Google is your friend.

3) if you plan on sailing w/Princess again - while you're on the ship purchase at least one each Future Cruise Deposit. $100pp, fully refundable if not used w/in 2 years and is your full deposit for a next booked cruise. Also gives OBC depending on cabin class & duration of cruise.

Thank you for your service unfortunately hubby is retired from homeland but we do not qualify for military benefits even though the danger where he was stationed is the same.  Good info though thank you for the reply 

12 hours ago, voljeep said:

not free - just included in the rate ... a different rate should have been available without those ( maybe still include the OBC ? )

Yes, but even the difference in rate when I checked was only about 150 and all the freebies made the difference. Thank you for your reply