Emergency contact?

Twitchly

In MVJ, I put my husband as my emergency contact (and me for his). Now I’m wondering just how useful that is. I suppose I don’t really know in what situations Viking would use this.

Who do you list as your emergency contact? Your travel companion, or someone back home? The person with your healthcare power of attorney? Or …?

4 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

In MVJ, I put my husband as my emergency contact (and me for his). Now I’m wondering just how useful that is. I suppose I don’t really know in what situations Viking would use this.

Who do you list as your emergency contact? Your travel companion, or someone back home? The person with your healthcare power of attorney? Or …?

We use someone back home.

They know we’re traveling together, so back home person comes into play only if something happens to both of us. 🤞🍀

24 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

We use our children as our emergency contacts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

We use a family member in the states and a friend close to where we live.  That way family in the states will know we died or were injured and our local PR friends would know to help take care of our dogs.  Having your spouse as contact is useless.  If one of you were injured while traveling with Viking, your stateroom mate whether spouse or friend would know.

Yep I agree…the trip I’m taking in 12 days (Grand European River) is a “Girls” trip…so I listed my husband…when he and I go inAugust, I’m listing one of my sons…I think it should be for someone they can contact at home if something (God forbid) happens.