Princess Cruises updated COVID testing requirements for cruises originating in Canada

Mike & Zen

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I used to like planning cruises. Not so much these days. It's just too dang stressful trying to figure out what everybody wants and scheduling the testing. The one has to worry about coming up positive at the last minute and having to go home instead of traveling.

Amen to that! This is my 3rd post-Covid cruise next month.I keep thinking 'the next one will be easier' but this Alaska cruise (rescheduled from 2020 to 2021 to 2022) is the worst!  I could end up quarantined in Anchorage or Vancouver.  Here's hoping Nov 2022 will be easier!

10 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

According to 

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

If a Canadian port is part of our cruise, we need to

Getting tested before you board a ship that will dock in Canada

All travellers 5 years of age or older must have a COVID-19 test to board a cruise ship in Canada or board a cruise ship that will dock in Canada at any point on the cruise. You must provide proof of one of the following accepted types of test results:

1. Proof of a professionally administered or observed negative antigen test taken no more than 2 days before you’re scheduled to board your ship
    • the 2-day window does not depend on the time of day the test was taken or the time that you board
    • for example, if your ship is scheduled to leave on Friday, you could provide proof of a negative result from an antigen test taken any time on Wednesday, Thursday, or on Friday
    • it must be administered or observed by a pharmacy, laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth online service
    • the test must be authorized for sale or distribution in Canada or in the jurisdiction in which it was obtained
  2. Proof of a valid negative molecular test taken within 72 hours of your scheduled boarding time
    • for example, if you’re scheduled to board at 11:00 am on Friday, your test must have been taken any time after 10:59 am on Tuesday
  3. Previous positive molecular test result: you no longer have symptoms and provide proof of a positive molecular test taken at least 10 calendar days and no more than 180 calendar days before you board. Counting starts the day after your test.
    • for example, if your positive COVID-19 molecular test was taken on January 1, then January 11 would be the earliest scheduled date you could board
    • a positive antigen test result is never a valid test result for boarding a ship and can’t be used as proof of a previous infection

Count on Canada to make it complicated and be obstructionist to travel.

Note that Option #1 above is a 2-day and not 48 hr window, so has some flexibility.

Note that Option #2 changes from a "day" window to "hours" window.  

And then Option #3 is back to "days" again.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Note that Option #1 above is a 2-day and not 48 hr window, so has some flexibility.

Let's hope the Princess staff at the pier are expert in geography and can convert time zone from all over to local time off top of their head. :)

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2022 at 2:39 AM, Ombud said:

First let me apologize for a slight offtrack question::

What about cruises that include a Canadian port? If up to date is it 3 days for PCR or Antigen test????

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

Now Kaiser is saying its 2-5 days to get the results. Based on that I just rebooked for noon at CVS, boarding time is 11am.

Who's ready for more confusion??

Chat & CVP just notified me that I (up to date cruiser) can do the Antigen test 3 calendar days before embarkation. Contradicting Canadian website 

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

Who's ready for more confusion??

Chat & CVP just notified me that I (up to date cruiser) can do the Antigen test 3 calendar days before embarkation. Contradicting Canadian website 

I went into arriveCAN and fussed with the app. Entered info as if I was boarding this week. Here's what it said:

20220413_180624.thumb.jpg.7872d22a093caa4caa528d036af2571b.jpg

so the requirements mentioned above are ONLY for embarkation/ Disembarking in Canada

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yup, Canada is a major PIA 🙃

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

I went into arriveCAN and fussed with the app. Entered info as if I was boarding this week. Here's what it said:

20220413_180624.thumb.jpg.7872d22a093caa4caa528d036af2571b.jpg

so the requirements mentioned above are ONLY for embarkation/ Disembarking in Canada

This means that upon arrival in Canada by air, car  or cruise ship no test is required. You are still required to test to board the ship for your cruise

• Like 1