N95 Masks Required on Voyager?

At this time I am not on board but we will be on the same cruise as you. And so we did some research. 

Being EU citizens we have learnt that the decisive factor for masking regulations on board are the rules of the country in which waters you are sailing. As we will see four different countries it is four different set of rules which at his moment are as follows:

Spain: medical mask in all public indoor places and on any transportation, no masks outside

France: masks only obligatory in public transportation 

Italy: kn95 mask in any indoor places or public transportation or outside if you do not have the necessary distance 

Malta: more or less like Spain

These rules may change but for Italy and Spain they are valid at least.until April 30th. If there are changes expect the rules getting less strict as the numbers of infected people are going down everywhere.

i have no idea if Regent changes the rules day by day or simply enforce the strictest version - which would be the Italian one - for the whole cruise. Hope this will help you.

But I also,would like to hear what are the actual rules and how they are enforced.from somebody on board right now.

• Like 2

Approx 2 weeks prior to your departure, you will receive an email from Regent that contains a link with health requirements specific to your cruise and each port visited. If you haven’t received it as yet, you should within a couple days.

I am on Voyager right now sailing from Lisbon to Barcelona. Masks are required indoors except when eating or drinking and on deck when social distancing is not possible. There is no specific type of mask required; many types are being used (including those that don't seem to want to cover noses!!😀)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just disembarked from Voyager yesterday and probably 95% of passengers did wear masks and at check in we were told it was the KN95 that were to be worn as my husband was wearing a different one and had to change it. There are always some who refuse to wear them or put them under their chin though on this cruise thankfully most passengers were great and I didn’t hear about many Covid cases and felt very safe indeed. We visited ports in Spain, Italy and Portugal and even in the streets we were surprised to see so many wearing masks though probably looked so different for us due to U.K. now being so lax.  I felt very safe indeed and it was great on our cruise which was Barcelona to Lisbon that so many passengers did help keep us all safe. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 7:49 PM, phillipahain said:

Regent issued notice in last few days that N95 masks are required on Voyager sailings on 2nd May 

The website shows that KN95 masks are required - they are not nearly as effective as N95 masks.

Through out the time we have been in Italy, masks are worn by some, not by others. KN95 sometimes but no-one says anything except on the airlines. Frankfort airport was interesting in the about half didn't wear them at all. When do you sail? Like everyone says it changes daily.

On 4/21/2022 at 5:32 AM, Pcardad said:

The website shows that KN95 masks are required - they are not nearly as effective as N95 masks.

It's not true that KN95 masks are necessarily less effective than N95s.

I personally don't find KN95s to be as comfortable as N95s.  But that's a very individual thing. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:42 AM, Pcardad said:

The bottom line from that article:

For the average person, N95 masks and KN95 masks have negligible differences. If you're not a health care worker, either should suffice. But if you can't find either kind of mask, consider double masking with a surgical mask beneath your cloth mask.”

Note the phrase “negligible differences”. 

• 2 weeks later...

Almost no N95 masks are made in the US. Main difference is that N95 do have to be tested regularly to meet medical standard. Also, both must fit tightly to the face for maximum protection. Which can get uncomfortable, especially when we only wear them part time.

• Like 1

Currently on Explorer.  Masks are optional unless you are docked or anchored in Italy or Greece. As soon as the ship leaves the dock, masks once again become optional. I believe the Voyager is currently in the area as we saw her a few days ago. Obviously, the same rules would apply to her,

1 hour ago, LoveRegent2 said:

Currently on Explorer.  Masks are optional unless you are docked or anchored in Italy or Greece. As soon as the ship leaves the dock, masks once again become optional. I believe the Voyager is currently in the area as we saw her a few days ago. Obviously, the same rules would apply to her,

I don’t know about Greece, but Italy has done away with indoor mask requirement. What is the rationale for Regent imposing this restriction? 

Italy still has a requirement to wear a FFP2 mask on board trains, planes, and ships and inside any terminal that services those systems.  We just left Italy yesterday and can vouch that indeed the FFP2 mask was required UNTIL we got on the aircraft (American Airlines). At that point we were able to remove the mask if so desired. On board trains inside Italy they were very strict about compliance with their mask mandate.  

1 hour ago, mdunne48 said:

Italy still has a requirement to wear a FFP2 mask on board trains, planes, and ships and inside any terminal that services those systems.  We just left Italy yesterday and can vouch that indeed the FFP2 mask was required UNTIL we got on the aircraft (American Airlines). At that point we were able to remove the mask if so desired. On board trains inside Italy they were very strict about compliance with their mask mandate.  

So, if I’m understanding you correctly, American Airlines was ok with you taking the mask off as soon as you got into the aircraft, but Regent wasn’t 

14 minutes ago, gabelle said:

Currently on Voyager. We are indeed required to wear masks onboard and on excursions. Everyone is mostly compliant. Wish it would go away😢

Where is Voyager at the moment?

1 hour ago, gabelle said:

We are sailing towards Rhodes.

I have rec'd an email from Regent saying masks are only required in port in Greece and in Italy.

3) Face Coverings

Face coverings are now recommended but not required for guests except when the ship is in Greek or Italian ports. In these ports guests are still required to wear masks onboard while indoors, except for when actively eating, drinking, exercising or when in your suite.

In addition, local authority health and safety protocols require guests to carry FFP2/KN95 masks to visit Greek or Italian ports. Crew members are still required to wear masks in all public areas at all times.

Edited by Pcardad