ANY UPDATES ON EUROPE PROTOCOLS?

80sGal

I've asked over on the Pride board also, but has anyone received information yet about Europe protocols?   Our final payment is due in a few days, and I really wish Carnival would tell us something -- the cruise isn't until summer, but surely they have protocols ready for the May 8 sailing!!   It's April 13th!!   NCL and Royal both have their protocols up -- and they differ from what I can tell -- NCL says masking required on board in Europe; Royal says not.   But each of those companies have posted the protocols and Viking has gone a step further with details about what to do regarding stops in France, Spain, etc. (forms are still required; England no) ....  but I shouldn't have to get my protocols from the competitors!   Anyone else feeling this way?   Or have I simply missed the info?   On the Carnival COVID updates, searching for "Europe" the word only appears once regarding unvaccinated children.   Not a happy cruiser today.  😞

Edited by 80sGal
edit

I'm on the May 19th sailing out of Barcelona and haven't seen anything official from Carnival. My wife and I have our boosters so we know that won't be an issue -- our biggest unknown is surrounding the pre-embarkation testing. For now, we're just planning on bringing eMed kits and doing self-tests from our AirBNB the day before we embark.

I agree, though, that having to try and piece together plans based on what Royal and NCL (which we're following, too) is pretty ridiculous. 

51 minutes ago, jslev9 said:

I'm on the May 19th sailing out of Barcelona and haven't seen anything official from Carnival. My wife and I have our boosters so we know that won't be an issue -- our biggest unknown is surrounding the pre-embarkation testing. For now, we're just planning on bringing eMed kits and doing self-tests from our AirBNB the day before we embark.

I agree, though, that having to try and piece together plans based on what Royal and NCL (which we're following, too) is pretty ridiculous. 

On the same cruise and the 2 consecutive ones. Also planning on bringing Emed proctored tests to do in our Barcelona hotel room,but here are locations in Barcelona for backups..

https://turoparkmedical.com/covid-test-in-barcelona/

I’m on the Pride TA to Barcelona April 24th.  We have been told that boosters are required to board.  Other than that, no information about any testing being done onboard this 14 day cruise, and nothing about testing before debarkation in Barcelona.  Carnival said they plan to get this information to us, but nothing so far and we sail in 11 days.

1 hour ago, jslev9 said:

As you can see on the other lines looks like for embarkations in Spain the Covid testing can  only be1 day prior to boarding.

The issue that bothers me with no info from Carnival are all the port stops.  I can find the info thru Viking easily ... Spain, France and Portugal all three have forms which must be completed (even as of today) in order to get off the ship.  It seems like Carnival should be conveying that type of information directly by now.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

I’m on the Pride TA to Barcelona April 24th.  We have been told that boosters are required to board.  Other than that, no information about any testing being done onboard this 14 day cruise, and nothing about testing before debarkation in Barcelona.  Carnival said they plan to get this information to us, but nothing so far and we sail in 11 days.

Carnival's COVID FAQ page says the following sailings will require boosters:

• Carnival Spirit 16-day Carnival Journeys – April 17, 2022
  • Carnival Pride Transatlantic – April 24, 2022
  • Carnival Pride Barcelona departures – May 8, May 19 and May 29, 2022
  • Carnival Splendor 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_040122

• Like 1

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I just booked the May 19 cruise & my PVP told me I can take the test 3 days prior if you are vaxxed & boosterd. I am planning on taking it the 17th before I fly out that evening

I would be very leary about that recommendation. All the other cruiselines are requiring 1 or 2 days before,none are 3 days.

I too am frustrated with the lack of information from Carnival regarding the upcoming Europe cruises. For the July 22nd cruise, there still aren't shore excursions, except for Belfast, which has been there since last year. No shore excursions for any other ports. It also upsets me that Princess, which is under Carnival Corporation, has a very informative Europe Protocols page on their website - https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/eu-cruises/ . Why doesn't Carnival have this?

2 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I just booked the May 19 cruise & my PVP told me I can take the test 3 days prior if you are vaxxed & boosterd. I am planning on taking it the 17th before I fly out that evening

Princess's European protocol page (last updated April 5, 2022) says:

Based on current European Union Healthy Gateways (EUHG) guidelines, to board the ship all guests age five and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within one day of embarkation. These protocols are subject to change and we’ll communicate any updates as they become available.

I'd trust that verbiage over what my PVP tells me. The 3-day rule is valid for U.S.A. sailings but I'd wager that most PVPs don't work with European sailings very often.

• Like 2