Celebrity Protocols

lovecruzin

Surprised to see that too.

I am confused by the definition of Fully Vaccinated Vs Up to Date from Celebrity.  Why the need for 2 definitions?  

• Fully Vaccinated* or Up to Date** Guests: No required testing.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative COVID-19 Antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to arrival to Canada.

*Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 6 months (180 days) of final dose in a primary series OR boosted. The 180 days must extend to the end of the sailing. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

Given the difficulty in accessing PCR tests in many areas, plus getting the test and results in 2 days vs the cheaper, faster, and more readily available antigen tests, I don't think this is odd at all, for fully vaccinated pax. Nor do I think it's an oversight. Unvaccinated pax still need a PCR test.

The distinction between Up to Date and Fully Vaccinated does not matter for N. American  sailings at this time, but makes a big difference in the testing requirements for itineraries in other parts of the world, like Europe. This may change if boosters become mandated as a requirement for entry in Canada or the US

Edited by mom says

Very interesting. There will likely be some edits to Celebrity's testing requirements because

- anyone over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated to board (TC requirement)

- PCR is the gold standard of testing, and TC accepts PCR within 3 days of embarkation, so why would Celebrity not accept the test?

Regarding "fully vaccinated" and "up to date", several countries now require proof of booster shot if 270 days have passed since completion of the full course of COVID vaccinations (270 days past second dose for most). I find it odd that Celebrity would muddy the waters in this way for Alaska cruises which are ONLY going between Canada and USA. Maybe they know something we don't?

Thanks for the info re fully vaccinated vs up to date.  At first I thought we were fully vaccinated but not up to date and wasn't sure what that meant for us.  I did the math and we are indeed also up to date for our Alaska cruise.  

16 hours ago, mom says said:

Given the difficulty in accessing PCR tests in many areas, plus getting the test and results in 2 days vs the cheaper, faster, and more readily available antigen tests, I don't think this is odd at all, for fully vaccinated pax. Nor do I think it's an oversight. Unvaccinated pax still need a PCR test.

But to not even allow mention PCR as an option, there are rapid PCR and one should have the choice. They should coincide with TC.

Edited by lovecruzin

19 hours ago, bebe08 said:

I am confused by the definition of Fully Vaccinated Vs Up to Date from Celebrity.  Why the need for 2 definitions?  

• Fully Vaccinated* or Up to Date** Guests: No required testing.
  • Unvaccinated Guests: Must present a negative COVID-19 Antigen test taken within 24 hours prior to arrival to Canada.

*Definition of Fully Vaccinated: vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 6 months (180 days) of final dose in a primary series OR boosted. The 180 days must extend to the end of the sailing. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. 

I also have some questions on this as well,  I am vax and have the boster so I think i would be up to date but reading this as I got my booster in December and cruise at the end of July (which will be more than 180 days) I would not qualify as up to date but am I still qualified as fully vaccinated?   

In my province we have been told a 2nd booster (4th shot) will be in the fall for my age group.