Bliss Pacific Coastal April 17th

ceilidh1

3 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I can’t believe it took me this long (this is my 19th day on the Bliss/Encore in the past six months) for me to notice that all of the lamps in the Observation Lounge have USB chargers! 

Well I be!  I loved the Observation Lounge.  I was on Deck 14 forward by the elevators, so just a quick trip up one flight of stairs to get coffee in the morning.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Well I be!  I loved the Observation Lounge.  I was on Deck 14 forward by the elevators, so just a quick trip up one flight of stairs to get coffee in the morning.  

Now I just need to find a comfy seat in a public lounge with a regular non-European power outlet for my laptop, and I’ll be able to work-from-cruise again in the future…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Now I just need to find a comfy seat in a public lounge with a regular non-European power outlet for my laptop, and I’ll be able to work-from-cruise again in the future…

Check out the seating in the Observation lounge that is not next to a window.  Starboard side kind of in the walkway.  The outlets are on the wall above the seats.

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

I can’t believe it took me this long (this is my 19th day on the Bliss/Encore in the past six months) for me to notice that all of the lamps in the Observation Lounge have USB chargers! 

image.thumb.jpg.4ebe7538781144832cef1099fc80673e.jpg

What…

I had no idea. OMG. 26 days on Bliss/Joy/Encore, many hours in the Observation Lounge (yes Sid, wearing socks!), and I never noticed this. 

I shall drink a toast to you next week Saturday night in the OL. What drink would best honor you?

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

image.thumb.jpg.4ebe7538781144832cef1099fc80673e.jpg

What wizardry is this???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Check out the seating in the Observation lounge that is not next to a window.  Starboard side kind of in the walkway.  The outlets are on the wall above the seats.

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

I saw those USB plugs early on, but no regular power plugs 🔌 

I think in one lounge I found a Euro-style plug, but I didn’t think to bring an adapter.

Edited by OrcaGirl
Double quote

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

What…

I had no idea. OMG. 26 days on Bliss/Joy/Encore, many hours in the Observation Lounge (yes Sid, wearing socks!), and I never noticed this. 

I shall drink a toast to you next week Saturday night in the OL. What drink would best honor you?

Ha, an espresso martini or botanical spritz were my drinks of choice in the OL. Cheers!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, coastcat said:

I'd never even thought about this as being an issue with a Pacific Coastal cruise! 

It’s a little sad (and worrisome) to read about so many service issues onboard. The crew was pretty flawless on my October Bliss cruise. I wonder if there was a lot of crew changes since then due to contract timings. Presumably the crew in place now will also start the Alaska season, which means it’s my turn to have a Wine Glass Battle… 

The crew are great - there are way more of them than there are guests! I think our steward is just done - he heads home after this sailing. He has been fine. I’m just not used to not having requests honoured! 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

The tax is brutal - pretty much every day on this itinerary! There’s also no way to actually know if it’s the correct charge as it’s not broken down on the bill. Every one has been between 3-4 dollars so I’m guessing that’s between 8-10% of the cost of my drinks!

Last month I was charged $1.35 per margarita while in port in Los Angeles.  

Is it just me or is information slow and time to disembark at ports extra long on this sailing?  We were tying to the dock at 5:15 this evening and still sitting here at 6:33 and they finally gave the first announcement of “not yet”.  Same thing in San Francisco.  

In fairness to the Captain, his daily announcements have been amongst the most informative I have ever heard.

48 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

Is it just me or is information slow and time to disembark at ports extra long on this sailing?  We were tying to the dock at 5:15 this evening and still sitting here at 6:33 and they finally gave the first announcement of “not yet”.  Same thing in San Francisco.  

In fairness to the Captain, his daily announcements have been amongst the most informative I have ever heard.

I’m thinking they might be waiting on people to complete the customs forms. This is the first Canadian stop since we skipped Victoria and they just called a LOT of people to go to guest services!

• Like 1