“STO” - where will we be docking in Sitka?

tallgirl97

Per the Berth Codes on the CLAA, is Sitka  Terminal Outside. I believe that is the expansion of what was previously named Old Sitka Dock that is about 5-6 miles outside downtown. Shuttle buses run every 10-15 minutes to take you to / from  downtown.

https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233.189/2xl.54d.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/1-Berth-Codes.pdf

https://cruisemaven.com/sitka-alaska-welcomes-ovation-of-the-seas-at-new-expanded-cruise-dock/

Edited by JT1962

The berths at the cruise terminal were expanded last year

4 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Per the Berth Codes on the CLAA, is Sitka  Terminal Outside. I believe that is the expansion of what was previously named Old Sitka Dock that is about 5-6 miles outside downtown. Shuttle buses run every 10-15 minutes to take you to / from  downtown.

You are correct.  Last year the private company which owns the cruise terminal expanded the berths.  A local acquaintance is from Sitka and returns to visit family frequently.  He told me in January that when he was in Sitka for the Christmas holiday that the expansion (they can now dock the mega-ships) is an issue and the community has been holding meetings to plan for the increase in cruise passengers.

The shuttles run to the Harrigan Centennial Center which is centrally located downtown.