How can I contact Princess?

DevSpy

3 minutes ago, thinfool said:

Contact Princess??  

Try

Twitter

Facebook**

**There are several FB accounts that reference Princess but are not the native Princess company.  Be sure you get the real thing.

Do not post personal info on social media

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

It's often ignored. If Princess wants your cabin, they will move you & take it.

I'm assuming they have a good reason?  Not a very good business model for attracting repeat customers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, atexsix said:

I'm assuming they have a good reason?  Not a very good business model for attracting repeat customers.  

Right now it is for isolation.

covid.

OP- phone first thing in morning.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DevSpy said:

This is my first time going on a cruise and I had no idea there was any other way to book, until speaking with people after needing assistance with this current issue of course. After a month and a half and hours and hours and hours on hold, I am contemplating cancelling my cruise all together and forfeiting my deposit. 

I appreciate your insight, it appears I have made a mistake

This is yet another example of why PCL is in serious jeopardy IMO.  A poor first impression is a lasting impression.  Those of us loyal long haulers are also PO'd, but many of us are giving them a lot of rope to either improve or hang themselves completely.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dickinson said:

Tip - instead of clicking on each cabin # to see if it says anything about the cabin  I google Princess deck plans and go on a 3rd party site.  They usually have the full deck plan with some cabins having different symbols.  That way I figure out which cabins are adjoining or maybe have 3rd or 4th person bunks.

Princess.com also allows you to expose cabins for 3/4 people and adjoining rooms.  Deck plans.

@DevSpy, I think you have lots of good advice here in the earlier posts.

1.  Call early in am and avoid Monday mornings if possible.

2. Before calling, look at available cabins in the category booked in and the one they assigned you to later on.  (This is shown on your Travel Summary in the Cruise Personalizer).

3. I hope you have a login to Princess and can access the Cruise Personalizer and see your booking (or use Name, Birthdate, Booking Number).

4. If not getting good success, call the PVP line and ask to be connected to one.  Will be a dice roll whether you get an A, B, or C quality.  Since you have a direct booking.  Once you have their contact info, you can bypass the public general rep line and get through quicker and also have a direct email address.

5. I think you are going to be too inexperienced right now to find a TA that will benefit you.  By that I mean provide a cash discount and good service.  Hard to figure that out at first, but you can ask around once you go on a cruise.  

6. An option to #5 is to cancel now and get your deposit back - assuming a supply of cabins you want to book on the ship.  Then, find a website where travel agents compete for your cruise business and they will send you quotes and you can select one to book with.  But, might be easier for a newbie to just stick with PCL.

7. When you get with Princess rep, or a PVP, get your new cabin setup and have them mark it NO UPGRADE.  Keep an eye from time-to-time on booking to make sure not re-assigned.  Avoid DOLPHIN deck  as seems to be used for quarantine block a lot.  I have also read of one ship (Regal) using at least part of EMERALD deck.

8. When you get with Princess/PVP, make sure you get re-fared at the new lower price.  No way any perks you lose will be worth $500.  It may be a cancel/re-book, but accomplishes the same thing.

9. Assuming you are flying to the port, look into EZ-Air flights within the Cruise Personalizer as it may save you money over booking with an airline directly (for certain if flying overseas).  Book a FLEXIBLE air and you can make changes or cancel without penalty up until the ticketing date (about 45 days before you fly).

Good luck.  These are trying days to be dealing with Princess HQ pre-cruise.  The cruise experience is generally MUCH better.  I feel really bad for the business that they are falling down on the pre-cruise side of things. 

Once you get setup again and are happy, you can consider dealing with the MedallionClass App (MC App).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

@DevSpy,

7. When you get with Princess rep, or a PVP, get your new cabin setup and have them mark it NO UPGRADE.  Keep an eye from time-to-time on booking to make sure not re-assigned.  Avoid DOLPHIN deck  as seems to be used for quarantine block a lot.  I have also read of one ship (Regal) using at least part of EMERALD deck.

Generally a good set of tips provided by @Steelers36.

It is my understanding that some ships are using part of the Aloha deck for quarantine purposes.

A Princess Cruise Vacation Planner should know which areas on the different ships are being used for quarantine purposes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

If you book with Princess on line, I have seen the "Upgrade" box there to mark but never anything that refers to a meta upgrade. i.e. you can't distinguish between an upgrade or meta upgrade. 

I've been meaning to ask my TA whether they have this option, as our upcoming UK cruise has heaps of mini suites still available. We have booked a balcony cabin.

The version of the booking website available for USA use does not have the "Upgrade" check box.

If not using a TA you have to call Princess and ask to have the no upgrade flag set otherwise the TA should be able to do that for you.

Similarly if you want the meta upgrade only flag set you need to call Princess or have a TA set the flag.

8 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There's no "upgrade" box to check online. You have to go through Princess or your TA.

Stateroom Upgrade Preference:
This is an automatically allocated upgrade and can be anywhere on the ship. Should an upgrade be assigned, you will not be able to return to your original stateroom choice.

Yes, I would like to be considered for a stateroom upgrade

No, I DO NOT want to be considered for a stateroom upgrade

The above appears for online bookings here.

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

This is an automatically allocated upgrade and can be anywhere on the ship. Should an upgrade be assigned, you will not be able to return to your original stateroom choice.

Sometimes Australia does get better options than North America customers.

But I notice the option does not indicate if this to be considered for a free or for a paid stateroom upgrade or both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

The terms given in Australia seem to me atrocious as they do not give you the option to decline a proposed upgrade.

Edited by brisalta

8 hours ago, brisalta said:

The terms given in Australia seem to me atrocious as they do not give you the option to decline a proposed upgrade.

I would think this is covered in the second option "No, I DO NOT want to be considered for a stateroom upgrade". If Princess go ahead and still "upgrade" you if you marked this option. then I guess you contact them (or try to).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Sometimes Australia does get better options than North America customers.

Never when it comes to offers or price from my experience. I also see OBC credit amounts quoted on here that would be unachievable for us.

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

I would think this is covered in the second option "No, I DO NOT want to be considered for a stateroom upgrade". If Princess go ahead and still "upgrade" you if you marked this option. then I guess you contact them (or try to).

If booked in the USA Princess give you the option of turning down the supposed upgrade offer.

Edited by brisalta