Bus Passes

Mary Louise

Hi,

I was in Bermuda many years ago and docked in Hamilton when on the Zenith. At that time, I could go to the bus station and purchase a three day bus pass. My husband and I utilized the pass to go form beach to beach. We will be docking at the Dockyard this time. Does anyone know if you can buy those passes again, and if so where? Do I need to go to Hamilton to purchase them?

Thank you

ML

46 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

I was in Bermuda many years ago and docked in Hamilton when on the Zenith. At that time, I could go to the bus station and purchase a three day bus pass. My husband and I utilized the pass to go form beach to beach. We will be docking at the Dockyard this time. Does anyone know if you can buy those passes again, and if so where? Do I need to go to Hamilton to purchase them?

Thank you

ML

They were selling them at two kiosks right by the dock last time I was there.

Transportation passes which are good on both buses and ferries are sold at the Visitor Information Centre at the Dockyard. They sell tokens and two day passes. In the morning before the VIC opens they will probably either have kiosks on the dock or sell them in the cruise ship terminal. Since the season just started information is sketchy right now as to what exactly they are doing. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Just back from Bermuda. The ferry operators didn’t punch our one day transit pass to activate it either way. Does anyone know if the passes have an expiry date since ours are unpunched? We could use them on a future trip although that might be morally indefensible. I wonder if they change the colour yearly.

The tourist information center closed at 4 pm when we were there so we were unable to buy tokens or passes before taking the 8 am ferry the next day.  When we got on the ferry I mentioned that we would have liked to have been able to buy the tickets--15 for $37.50, they can be shared, good for bus or ferry.  So, the ferry operator said not to pay and he would take us to the office when we arrived in Hamilton where we could then buy the tickets and give him 2.  By getting the tickets instead of the passes, we were able to do everything we had time to do for 2 days using 1 set of tickets.  Not sure that would always work but it worked for us.

2 hours ago, Anthony4866 said:

Just back from Bermuda. The ferry operators didn’t punch our one day transit pass to activate it either way. Does anyone know if the passes have an expiry date since ours are unpunched? We could use them on a future trip although that might be morally indefensible. I wonder if they change the colour yearly.

If they don't punch them then they are still good. I have had bus drivers not punch them but usually they ended up being punched by the last trip I took that day. More often with the ferry they have not got punched one way at the Dockyard  but they were punched on the return. They don't change the color yearly.  I had some that Holland America handed out free, every time I got off they handed me one.  That was to make up for their screw up not being able to dock in St. George. Ended up with 5 or 6 unused. I was using them years later. I don't know if they ever change the colors. I stopped buying bus passes about 7 years ago. As I recall one day passes were green and yellow.  Change may be coming though an e-ticket system is on their wish list. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

As I recall one day passes were green and yellow.

Looked at some 1 day passes that I saved and they are green, not green and yellow. Yellow may have been on one of the other passes. They do use differrent colors for 2 and for 3 day passes. 

Edited by Charles4515

18 hours ago, Anthony4866 said:

I think you will be able to use them on a future trip.

Years ago we took back to back Bermuda cruises.  We did not use all the passes we purchased on that B2B.  When we returned 2-3 years later, the lady at the kiosk said “of course” looking at us like we were fools to have to ask if they were valid.  I blush a little just thinking of her stare, lol.

• Like 1