question re: last day disembarkation on the Panorama 7 day Mexican Riviera

bones5

I had a quick question regarding the timing of the Panorama arriving back in port in Long Beach on the last day. The itinerary says we'll arrive at 9 a.m. I know when I've gone on Caribbean cruises out of Florida, the ship is usually already docked when we wake up. For those who've done the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise, has the ship arrived in port earlier than 9 a.m? Reason I'm asking is so make sure my friend will have plenty of time to catch her flight out of LAX.

Thanks everyone!

Deb

12 minutes ago, bones5 said:

I had a quick question regarding the timing of the Panorama arriving back in port in Long Beach on the last day. The itinerary says we'll arrive at 9 a.m. I know when I've gone on Caribbean cruises out of Florida, the ship is usually already docked when we wake up. For those who've done the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise, has the ship arrived in port earlier than 9 a.m? Reason I'm asking is so make sure my friend will have plenty of time to catch her flight out of LAX.

Thanks everyone!

Deb

In October we got back at 8:30 and I got off the ship at 9am with platinum priority debarkation.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I guess I can give you more times since I have them

all. 

I was out of the port at 9:12 

in my Uber at 9:40

In the bag drop at LAX at 10:12

Through security at 10:23

At my gate at 10:28

Thanks Saint Greg, for that info, much appreciated!

Our cruise in late Feb arrived later than expected due to bad weather the day before. I'm not positive but I think disembarkation started at least an hour and a half later. We had an early afternoon flight so weren't worried but the delay caused a massive traffic buildup with people coming in for the next cruise. Our Uber that said 6 minutes away ended up arriving 45 minutes later. He said it was horrible trying to get in, had never experienced this. If we had booked the earlier flight like I have done in the past there is no way we would have made it. Most likely thing will work out but there's always that one time it won't 🤷

We were on the Panorama in March and did not dock in Long Beach until after 9:30.

There are so many factors that can and often do effect the ship docking "on time". Weather, rescue assist, problems at the dock itself could all change the time of arrival. All posted times are estimates. It could dock at 8 or even 10. 

Booking early flights on debarkation day is a dangerous game to play. Besides the 25ish miles between port of LB and LAX is a crapshoot itself. The drive could take 30 minutes or 3 hours. LA traffic is a nightmare!

• Like 1

We sailed the panorama returning on March 19th and we weren't off the ship until about 10:45am. They changed the process to be called with your muster station in order.  We had B5 muster station. They wouldn't let you go to the deck needed for getting off so we went to deck 5 and waited for about 1.5 hours until they called us. We ahd to bounce the bags down the stairs, too heavy for me to lift up...lol.

I do recall a lady saying she arranged for an early time slot to get off the ship due to an early flight.  Maybe you go to guest service and show them your flight itinerary to be able to go to deck 4 early and wait for first call off?

• 2 weeks later...

We disembarked the Panorama on April 30, 2022.  People carrying off their own luggage got off the ship before passengers who checked their luggage.  We were carrying off our luggage and were instructed to wait for our muster station to be called sometime after 9:15 am.  The gangway was mid-ship on deck 4 but no one was allowed to wait on deck 4.  It appeared that we docked in Long Beach a bit early so we waited on deck 5 until our muster station (B4) was called at 8:15 am (an hour earlier than expected).  We were off the ship and in our car by 8:30 am.  Everyone had to be off the ship by 10:45 am.  

• 3 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, Colorado Cruzer said:

We had B5 muster station.

Do you remember where this was? I have the same muster station in a few weeks and would like to know where I should be going first to get the drill taken care of 

10 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

Do you remember where this was? I have the same muster station in a few weeks and would like to know where I should be going first to get the drill taken care of 

There are Crew members all over from the time you walk onboard, by the stairs and elevators, that will direct you to your muster station. Last month on Valor, just as I asked for directions, I looked up and noticed signage pointing out the adjacent muster station. Some ships have guests report to various venues for the safety briefing. The post-Covid muster drill is great, just a quick few minutes. However, every cruise is delayed by the hundreds that can't be bothered to report before sail away.

We just got off the Panorama on Sat the 27th of August and we were pulling into Long Beach harbor around 6:30 am. Fully docked by right around 7am. We elected to carry off our luggage and were called by our muster station. We were probably the 6th muster station called and we were walking off the ship at around 9:45. At the curb to get picked up at 10:10am. If you put your luggage out the night before you weren’t getting called off the ship until between 10 and 10:45am which is why we carried ours off. Like another poster stated the cruise before us docked late which caused a boarding nightmare to start our cruise so it sounds like it can really vary. 

Edited by alimcg

We just got off the Panorama today ☺️. (Mexican Riviera)

We choose self disembarkation. They called us by our muster station, but they did not call in alphanumeric order. So it was not easy to tell which stations they would call next. We were in the fourth grouping called, made our way to the parking garage, and confirmed our Uber at 10:30 a.m. It then took 10 minutes for the Uber driver to make it through the traffic to get to us in the terminal pickup location. We stayed locally so I don’t have information on how long it would take to get to LAX.

Hopefully your friend makes it to her flight in time - with little, to no stress at all.