Unfortunately, that's one and done for us.

Blackduck59

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

@rbslos18The price I quoted for the HAL 11 day is from our actual invoice. The price I quoted for the Viking cruise was from Viking's website. Full disclosure the Viking voyage is 13 days but the 2 extra days are overnights so in essence a very expensive floating hotel room with included meals which many will choose to dine ashore during those long port stays.

The HAL cruise is also a more interesting itinerary for us with stops in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI and Newfoundland. Viking only visits Nova Scotia (Halifax) and Quebec in Canada. The only places on the Viking itinerary that aren't on the HAL cruise are Gaspe, and New York.

We have thoroughly enjoyed all of our Viking experiences.  We have not sailed since Covid and the numerous issues I am reading on these threads does give one pause. I also read of issues on other lines post Covid. We just returned from a one week land trip, and experienced post Covid issues so who knows.  That is not said to negate what anyone has experienced recently with Viking and has been sharing. 
We have sailed on HAL’s smaller ship category. Lucky enough to be in Neptune. We enjoyed our experiences with them and they are not off our radar, but we have been looking at a few different lines these past months. With respect to the Canada/New England itineraries - I have looked at Viking, Oceania, Seabourn, and HAL. I have to say that I tend to agree with you on that itinerary - it caught my attention as well and thought it to be more interesting. I would also enjoy hearing your review afterwards. 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Like 1

@Vineyard View I think the August 23rd sailing is the only HAL cruise in the 2023 season that includes Newfoundland. I hope we actually get to stop in Cornerbrook as it is weather dependent. Oddly enough I have been "Screeched In" and have the certificate but I've never been to "The Rock". If we do get ashore I'll have to do it again. 😁🥃🐡

I saw that as well. We are hoping to sail during Fall colors (we get awesome vineyard colors but not Hardwoods colors). I was concerned with whether this date would allow that. Regardless, it’s a tempting itinerary and I hope you enjoy it. Looks unique and interesting. 

Edited by Vineyard View
  • Thanks 1

We are on Viking now for the first time.  We are sailing Istanbul to Venice.  Prior trips on Princess.  We boarded yesterday and the food is far superior to Princess.

We have booked our first HAL cruise for September 2022 Quebec to Boston with three stops in Newfoundland which got our attention.  I’ve been to Quebec skiing as a kid but not in summer or fall.

Itineraries is what gets our attention for cruising.  We also have the Nile booked with. Inking April 2023

It is good to see posts saying the current Viking experience is up to standards on the Jupiter.  Hopefully the issues we experienced very recently are local to Orion.  My wife and I are scheduled to sail summer 2023 on Venus and I really hope not to be disappointed again.

• Like 3