Aqua Question - Parents in different rooms

Coarsegold_Mom

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience on a past cruise.  We are traveling with our teenage sons.  We have a sunset veranda and an inside room.  They are teens, so they do not necessarily need to be near us.  However, during booking since they are still minors, my husband is listed with one child in the inside room and I am listed with the other child in the sunset veranda.  I'm toying with bidding on an aqua room if offered during Move Up if I have the opportunity for the reservation with the inside room.  I know only two can eat in Blu and only two can get the pass to the spa which is fine.  We would probably take most of our meals together in the main dining room.  However, could the they move the spa/blu dining from the child's pass to the adult's pass who is listed in the Sunset Veranda?  The child would need no access to Blu or the spa and my husband and I could try out Blu.

Thank You!

Celebrity allows the teens to be in their own cabin if they are next to you or across from you. We have done it multiple times. Having you and your husband split will make things much more difficult with keys and even more so if you try yo move up to Aqua

the main reason to have an AQ room is Blu.  Spa is nice but not worth it on its own.

Blu is a great dining venue so if you are not eating in it (going to MDR instead) I would save your bid money for something else 

• Like 1

First and most important, do not have your teens in a cabin that is not adjacent to yours.  As for Blu, you as already said need to all eat in Blu or none of you.  Blu will have specific names.  It would also be difficult for your teens to eat alone in the MDR.

Two verandas seems to make better sense.

8 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

First and most important, do not have your teens in a cabin that is not adjacent to yours.  As for Blu, you as already said need to all eat in Blu or none of you.  Blu will have specific names.  It would also be difficult for your teens to eat alone in the MDR.

Two verandas seems to make better sense.

Thank you for your feedback.  My teens are quite responsible so them not being in the room not adjacent to mine is ok w/us.  We have traveled significantly and usually spend some of our time together and some time apart while on the boat - different interests 🙂 .  The same is true for meals as we all eat together most of the time and other times the kids will go to the buffet and my husband and I will eat in the MDR or a specialty restaurant.  I understand that Blu would have specific names, hence my question.  Its looking like we will stick w/ our sunset veranda and inside room for the kids and I will buy my husband a spa pass.

19 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

If you are not going to eat in Blu, stay with your sunset veranda.  A waste for you to upgrade since the staterooms are the exact same size, and you currently have the aft view.

We would definitely keep the aft view.  I was thinking of upgrading the inside room to Aqua and eating in Blu when my husband and I chose to eat alone.  But it is seeming like that wouldn't be possible w/ our arrangement of 1 child/ 1 adult in a  room.  

29 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Celebrity allows the teens to be in their own cabin if they are next to you or across from you. We have done it multiple times. Having you and your husband split will make things much more difficult with keys and even more so if you try yo move up to Aqua

Yes - our problem is that our teens are not directly across or adjacent to us.  There is only one inside room directly across from the SV which was taken.  They are slightly down the hall (about 4 rooms) in the next inside room -  so not sure they would let them be alone, but it might be worth calling and seeing if they would allow it.  Thank you for your suggestion.

26 minutes ago, tfred said:

the main reason to have an AQ room is Blu.  Spa is nice but not worth it on its own.

Blu is a great dining venue so if you are not eating in it (going to MDR instead) I would save your bid money for something else 

Thank you.  Perhaps we will just wait for a future cruise w/out kids to do AQ.  I can just buy my husband a spa pass w/ my bid money and keep the kids in the inside room 🙂

1 hour ago, Coarsegold_Mom said:

Yes - our problem is that our teens are not directly across or adjacent to us.  There is only one inside room directly across from the SV which was taken.  They are slightly down the hall (about 4 rooms) in the next inside room -  so not sure they would let them be alone, but it might be worth calling and seeing if they would allow it.  Thank you for your suggestion.

I would definitely check it out. A few cabins down should be ok. Them being on a different floor or in the front of the ship while you are in the back wouldn’t be allowed.