Cruisenext doubleup back for any sail dates

I just received a message from an NCL agent that cruisenext doubleup is back for balconies and above without the six month time limit on the booking window. I was told:

”The Doubleup offer is now valid for any sail date regardless of how close we are to the date”

Edited by marktwothousand
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I just received a message from an NCL agent that cruisenext doubleup is back for balconies and above without the six month time limit on the booking window. I was told:

”The Doubleup offer is now valid for any sail date regardless of how close we are to the date”

Hi Mark...what, exactly, does this mean?  

Ditto (I can affirm that it's valid), this current time-limited offer is good (since March) thru April 30th ... apparently, not widely publicized ?  We took advantage of it and booked it within the last 10 days.  AND, on the booking Confirmation, discovered another Promo Code: LATDBLX - looked it up / asked - 2 extra points per night, woohoo.  The Doubleup offer hasn't been seen lately until now, and, the extra points per night ... just icing on the cake.  

It might not be valid on "all" NCL sailings coming up but worth a mock booking and perhaps confirming it with a PCC or NCL agent to verify the details.  Running low and almost out of CN certs ... 🙊

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

Hope this helped people. I know most of y’all are planning couples who book months out, but for last-minute solo cruisers this is pretty sweet. I saw some cruises this weekend, which, with two cruisenexts, would allow a solo traveller to cruise for almost free after two certificates are applied.

NCL isn't advertising their promos very well at all.  Dblx has been in effect for most cruises through fall, then recently moved to later 2022 cruises. Also airfare promo is now on some 2023 & 2024 cruises. Double up for balconies, no time limit started in mid March I think.  And quite a few 2022 cruises have reduced solo supplement (150%).

Moved 2 certificates off of later cruises so I could use them for Alaska next month, then just bought more.  Wish they'd do any stateroom, I often book ov and upgrade with points.

4 hours ago, mking8288 said:

AND, on the booking Confirmation, discovered another Promo Code: LATDBLX - looked it up / asked - 2 extra points per night, woohoo.  The Doubleup offer hasn't been seen lately until now, and, the extra points per night ... just icing on the cake.  

So does this mean we get a total of 3 points per cruise if it has this Promo Code on the reservation?  1 for the cruise itself and then 2 extra points? Or is it a total of 2 points?  It's very confusing.  🤔

@quillwercruisers - accordingly, if this is on the booking, then one will get at least 3 points per night (1 plus 2 extra ones nightly).  For Haven or full suite booking (not club balcony "suite") - it's another extra point toward the total, or 4 points per night.  Surely, confusing but a different PCC or call center agent at NCL might read & call it differently.  There's probably fine prints, exclusions and whether it's retroactive valid for re-pricing an existing booking, YMMV.  The extra points are nice for those aiming to reach the base Platinum tier ... the difference to us, not so much since reaching Diamond tier sooner isn't going to be a big deal.  In the past, we've received double points ... next month, we could & "should" be getting a total of 4 points per night.

The general marketing spin left them out, not sure why - maybe, as an insider's secret 🙄 

Meanwhile, in other NCL marketing news on this "Earth Day" today - "Free $250 with CruiseFirst" is the buzz.  

Screenshot_20220422-161601.png

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1

Yes, you will get the current promos if you rebook.  But that also means you lose the old ones if they are different.  There have been a number of changes, both with free at sea and latitude benefits - mostly WiFi minutes and #of meals.  And of course current pricing.

I also asked the CN manager on my last cruise about the "applies to new" wording and he said you can use new certificates on old bookings.  But we all know that not everything they say is true, so take that with a grain of salt!