Sky aft suite 2217 Reflection

B x

Has anyone been in this cabin and can advise if it has the pole beside the bed.

Always had side Sky's before so was thrilled to nab an aft one......until I saw a photo on another post this morning of one on another deck showing the pole right beside the bed. Spent ages on line trying to identify if all Sky corner aft cabins are the same on Reflection. TA has no idea but trying to find out, I need to clarify as I have MS so mobility issues and getting up to that in the night, as I have to do frequently, is an accident waiting to happen.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, B x said:

Has anyone been in this cabin and can advise if it has the pole beside the bed.

Always had side Sky's before so was thrilled to nab an aft one......until I saw a photo on another post this morning of one on another deck showing the pole right beside the bed. Spent ages on line trying to identify if all Sky corner aft cabins are the same on Reflection. TA has no idea but trying to find out, I need to clarify as I have MS so mobility issues and getting up to that in the night, as I have to do frequently, is an accident waiting to happen.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

I had that room in Feb and the pole is not right next to the bed. It's to the right of the bed below the foot and closer to the bathroom. Sorry I don't have a photo of the inside but there won't be a problem getting out of bed. Just be careful going to the bathroom. Here are photos of the balcony. It's a great room.

PXL_20220226_200910555.jpg

PXL_20220226_200945437.jpg

Thank you so much for replying, that eases my mind somewhat. The aft is a great location and where we always tried for when the children were small, they loved it. Now grown up and still doing the same.

Deck 12 has the noise - scraping from above in the early mornings...if you are a light sleeper.  The noise doesn't bother everyone.  I never ran into the pole by the bathroom, as there was plenty of room.

Edited by Lastdance

We were in 2208 on the Reflection in April.  There are 2 poles in the room, one by the couch, and one by the balcony side of the bed.  They were a non issue for us. We loved the side round window.  It is worth noting, there is less storage in the aft corners than in the S2s and other S1s.  We were also in an upper aft S2 (2148) on the Equinox.  There was considerably less noise on the Equinox than on the Reflection.  The large Oceanview Buffet outdoor eating area is on deck 14 aft on the Reflection.  It created a lot more noise (scraping) than the Deck 14 Oceanview bar area on the Equinox.

E03AB71C-1DDA-40B4-B609-0D2ECC983848.jpeg

97D08D21-E72B-456E-A1BC-A11585F81F67.jpeg

We had this cabin for a 10 day cruise this past January. It was without question the best cabin that we have ever had. The poles were never a problem at all. As for noise from above, nearly zero; probably fewer than 5 times the entire 10 nights. I am a very light sleeper, and even an earlier riser, and the noise was so seldom and brief, it was a non-issue. My DW can sleep through anything so no problem for her either. She also has CIDP (a cousin to MS) and has similar problems making night time runes. She never mentioned the poles at all. The cabin is wider IMO than most SS cabins so that makes avoiding the poles even easier and makes the cabin very spacious. 

Remember that even though there are a few tables/chairs directly above you, they are at the very aft porting of the outdoor buffet sitting area and few people ever make it that far.

• Like 1

I have booked this cabin for a cruise in June 2022. People will kill for these. Yes there is a pole which is common to all these Sky suite corner cabins. You are getting  one on of the largest S1 suites with a wrap around balcony. I fully understands your concerns. I suggest you pick the side of the bed away from the pole and get a small torch to put under your pillow which will give you added confidence getting up in the night. You will have all that extra balcony space which you may find useful.

Do not start agonising over noise issues and whatever you do . Do not change your cabin