Hail Mary - did anyone else snorkel in Bonaire on the Enchanted Princess March 10th?

bronzey214

Hi everyone - we were on the Enchanted Princess last month and went snorkeling in Bonaire.

While there - someone from the excursion took pictures of everyone and sold them to us on USB keys. I just got around to looking at the photos and... they're all corrupt.

So I'm hoping someone from Cruise Critic was also on that excursion and might have also bought the photos.

23 hours ago, bronzey214 said:

Hi everyone - we were on the Enchanted Princess last month and went snorkeling in Bonaire.

While there - someone from the excursion took pictures of everyone and sold them to us on USB keys. I just got around to looking at the photos and... they're all corrupt.

So I'm hoping someone from Cruise Critic was also on that excursion and might have also bought the photos.

Do you mean you can't access them on the thumb drive?  Have you tried downloading the thumb drive to your hard drive and see if they show up?  When did you notice the drive was corrupt. Before your ship left the port or after you got home?

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

You might want to give Recuva a try also. It's a free program and it just might help getting those files back.

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Do you mean you can't access them on the thumb drive?  Have you tried downloading the thumb drive to your hard drive and see if they show up?  When did you notice the drive was corrupt. Before your ship left the port or after you got home?

I can see the files, but the colors are all over the place. You'll get a strip of normal colors and the rest is all green/magenta/blue. I didn't have a computer with me on the ship so it was when we got home.

2 minutes ago, bronzey214 said:

I can see the files, but the colors are all over the place. You'll get a strip of normal colors and the rest is all green/magenta/blue. I didn't have a computer with me on the ship so it was when we got home.

That is bad.  My suggestion is to take your thumb drive to Best Buy Geek Squad and ask them if the files or pics can be recovered.  They will let you know what options you have before you pay any money

59 minutes ago, bronzey214 said:

Try Recuva first. You'll know immediately if it can fix the problem or not before you spend any money.

It free and simple to use.

It helped a friend who had no access to his thumb drive at all. The message he was receiving was that he had to format his thumb drive until he ran the program & all was fixed. I've used it to recover files from my computer and you should do it immediately before they get overwritten but in your case the thumb drive is not being written to since the initial time so they won't be any more corrupted.

Good luck.

MissP22;   I own Recuva which is part of my CCleaner system.  This program will recover lost or deleted files.  It won't fix corrupt files.  There may be a program out there that will fix corrupt files; hence, I suggest the OP check with Geek Squad at Best Buy,  they will tell her what the options would be and how much. 

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

MissP22;   I own Recuva which is part of my CCleaner system.  This program will recover lost or deleted files.  It won't fix corrupt files.  There may be a program out there that will fix corrupt files; hence, I suggest the OP check with Geek Squad at Best Buy,  they will tell her what the options would be and how much. 

I hear you.

I didn't realize that it wouldn't work for corrupted files although the internet says it will fix them.

"Recuva can also recover files from disks that may have become corrupt or damaged physically or through software."

Sometimes you can't believe everything you read. 

Edited by MissP22

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I hear you.

I didn't realize that it wouldn't work for corrupted files although the internet says it will fix them.

"Recuva can also recover files from disks that may have become corrupt or damaged physically or through software."

Sometimes you can't believe everything you read. 

Have a great day