Photo book vs unlimited photos

I have an OBC and want to get a photo package.  I’m debating over purchasing the photo book for $79. It includes 34 photos of our choosing and they create it for us.  Which is something I NEVER get to myself.  Has anyone bought this?
Thru my search here on the boards, not one of you has regretted purchasing the unlimited photos.  The price difference is $10.  
We are traveling with our daughter and her BF, I linked our reservations- so it sounds like they can use the photo ops as well.  
We would appreciate any insight.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 9:44 AM, Nursecruisers couple said:

I have an OBC and want to get a photo package.  I’m debating over purchasing the photo book for $79. It includes 34 photos of our choosing and they create it for us.  Which is something I NEVER get to myself.  Has anyone bought this?
Thru my search here on the boards, not one of you has regretted purchasing the unlimited photos.  The price difference is $10.  
We are traveling with our daughter and her BF, I linked our reservations- so it sounds like they can use the photo ops as well.  

The advantage of the unlimited photos is that you can easily take 34 of them and go to one of the online places and make you own photo book - or several of them - very easily.

Unlimited gives you best of both worlds...

• Thanks 1

I didn't realize unlimited photos was an option.  Were you able to buy that before boarding?  Or is it on the ship only?  A lot of people will tell you to use Shutterfly for your photo book but I've found that Google actually makes really good high quality books.  They cost a little more but they are worth it.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 9:44 AM, Nursecruisers couple said:

You can buy a nice photo book from snappish for about 1/3 that price.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Haroldnca said:

I didn't realize unlimited photos was an option.  Were you able to buy that before boarding?  Or is it on the ship only?  A lot of people will tell you to use Shutterfly for your photo book but I've found that Google actually makes really good high quality books.  They cost a little more but they are worth it.

$20 more than the photo book.

image.thumb.png.3525e5d57ab6c675045fb7335bee4347.png

We decided to purchase the photo book for the following reasons:

1.  The price dropped to $49.99 on our sailing.

2.  We walk away with a book that we made and do not have to do it later.  (I am assuming that we get the book to take with us when we depart the cruise).

3.  We have seen reviews/posts that people are having trouble getting the digital photos purchased with the unlimited digital photos.

Book is lovely but unless they’ve changed from last year you have to pay about $20 delivery on top of this. They didn’t make this clear and it wasn’t until I had made the book onboard that I realised. I didn’t say anything onboard as it wasn’t the photographers fault but I did send an email afterwards suggesting they make this charge clear on the cruise planner. Got a lovely call from corporate agreeing but I don’t think anything has changed! 
Wendy

21 minutes ago, wendyam76 said:

Book is lovely but unless they’ve changed from last year you have to pay about $20 delivery on top of this. 

Good to know.  The website does not indicate the delivery charge but does say "Prices starting from $49.99" with an asterisk.  I scanned through the legal mumbo jumbo and the purchase terms and conditions to no avail.  I guess we will see when we board and decide then.

Personally, I'd do the unlimited photos as it gives you a lot more flexibility. We upload all our photos to Google Photos and they join the slideshow on our Nest Hubs. The only thing you need to be aware of is that the pictures you can download are compressed which limits what you can do with it. They're perfectly fine for a picture book size, but if you happen to have one that you'd like to blow up, you will be limited in how big you can go.

A I recall, they would select the assorted photos for the book and not all would be " you" or ones you would pick, or even relevant.

On our first  EDGE cruise,   we bought a package that included an album of large prints of poses of our choice,  and digital of same.  We thought the quality was great...and made sure  we had our album, and that the digital download worked before we left the ship .  There was an issue with the download to our older Android tablet,  but the  rep at the Computer area helped the photo people work it out.

Second time around, we just ordered a smaller album package They were backed up and we finally received it on the last night after the theater show. Would never agree to have it mailed from vendor.

Normally an unlimited photo package includes all photos from ONE cabin.  If you have ubderage kids in another cabin they can set this up onboard.  But if you have two cabins traveling together photos are only included when one person in the purchasing cabin is in the photo.