Masquerade Gone Forever?

Tonopah

Possibly not for ever.

In my recent communications with Cunard on the subject they were very apologetic but ignored my repeated questions as to why they had been withdrawn, even when I gave them some suggestions: "Have others asked for them to be removed? Has there been a decrease in participants? Is it thought that folk don't want to wear Venetian style and medical masks at same time?"

The most promising response obtained was "We do still offer Masquerade theme Gala Evenings, however currently they are less frequent as they are planned in rotation with the other themes we offer."

My guess is they won't return until covid masks are not required.

Just in case anyone assumes otherwise; We're nothing more than mildly irked at the replacement of one on our crossings with a Roaring 20s. We think It seems silly to have 2 of the same theme in a round trip as there must be many folk do both directions.

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Be even better if they did away with all the themes, I tend to think.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

We rarely cruise and only came across a Black & White night on P&O and a 'Caribbean', which wasn't formal and was in The Pacific rather than The Caribbean.

Our beef was that they were scheduled in My Cunard then changed.

We'd wear the same outfits minus a few accessories anyway. Except for Black and White; where 3 of Nora's evening outfits would be suitable and the one chosen for the themed night is actually White & Black. We'd keep the white or sparkly accessories there as her complexion doesn't always suit black outfits.

@Tonopah, the feedback I've been getting so far from others while compiling the master dress code and theme schedules is that the Masquerade themes have been changed on all of the gala evenings through July but they remain as originally scheduled on gala evenings for August onward.

Specifically, I have the Masquerade theme returning to QM2 on August 3rd, QE on August 14th, and QV on August 3rd. But it has been a while since I last heard any updates about the Masquerade theme schedules. Please let me know if you are seeing any changes to the theme schedules in "My Cunard" for voyages later this year.

And just for the record, there is an additional "Ice White" theme on the schedules for the QE Alaska cruises.