EU dPLF questions for MALTA

Pcardad

Malta is a single day stop mid cruise and Regent says Malta requires this form. 

I am filling this out and the form will only accept 4 countries as a FINAL destination...Malta is not one of them. You cannot proceed with the form until you make a selection as to final destination.  It would seem the only way forward is to select Malta as the final destination.....?

Regent has no knowledge of how to complete this and suggests I call the consulate. I have a call into the consulate and have emailed as well - has anyone had any luck completing this?

With gratitude...

9 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

Yessir - I am on that page. It asks for final destination (Spain in this case) but there is not Spain listed. I am proceeding with Malta as the destination and assuming this is what they are looking for.

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Edited by Pcardad

We filled in Italy as our final destination(which it is).  Got the QR code with no problem.  However Malta requires Verifly.  Getting our QR code to download on that was a whole other challenge that took many hours to resolve.  Regent knew nothing.  My TA couldn't help. We contacted Verifly.  Not much help.  Then miraculously, the code downloaded. Unbelievable!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Malta is a single day stop mid cruise and Regent says Malta requires this form. 

I am filling this out and the form will only accept 4 countries as a FINAL destination...Malta is not one of them. You cannot proceed with the form until you make a selection as to final destination.  It would seem the only way forward is to select Malta as the final destination.....?

Regent has no knowledge of how to complete this and suggests I call the consulate. I have a call into the consulate and have emailed as well - has anyone had any luck completing this?

With gratitude...

We had the same situation (not Malta) on our 3-23-22 Voyager cruise. I just picked a county, and the dlp process was completed. When I completed it only Malta, Italy, France and Slovenia required it. It is a form that no one ask for or looks at. Maybe they just want the digital version.

I think any of the countries listed will work.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Thank you! I selected Malta as ending point - now working through Verifly which is utter trash. Been to Malta before...no sure it is worth it yet. 😃 

We''ve been on a shore excursion. The last time we just walked around Valletta which I found to be interesting.

if you visit Valletta a sail away at night is beautiful.  

8 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Been to Malta before...no sure it is worth it yet. 😃

I have been to Malta a few times and going back again in July. I always find things to do, though be aware it gets very hot in Summer. Valletta itself is interesting including the St John's Co-Cathedral

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_John's_Co-Cathedral

Mdina is a delight and one day I hope to do a land trip to Malta and stay in Mdina. It is a wonderful example of a European walled city and small enough to feel intimate and easy to explore. Be aware the only cars allowed are emergency vehicles, a limited number of licensed residents, wedding vehicles and hearses.

While in Malta try to find and eat pastizzi: savoury pastries traditionally filled with cheese, meat, or mushy peas surround by a flaky, filo-like dough. Best from small bakeries which make them constantly as people eat them for breakfast, lunch or as a snack.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm traveling MSC Seaview in May—Barcelona roundtrip with stops in France, Italy, and Malta.

Since I'm flying into Spain, I will need the SpTH completed.

I don't think I will need the dPLF for Malta.

This is from Malta's Health.gov.mt website:

"Travellers travelling with a cruise ship who will remain on the cruise ship need not submit a dPLF and will need to submit the dPLF prior to disembarkation in the final destination country (end of cruise). "

I'm guessing "remain on" means that you can get off the ship in Malta but will get back on the ship for the remainder of your cruise.

From what I can tell I will need it for Italy (Genoa, Naples, and Sicily); although, that may change after 30 April 2022. 

It looks like I might need it for France (Marseille), too.

I might just fill one out with Italy as my final destination even though that isn't the case but what can you do, right? Does anyone have first-hand experience at cruise ports of these countries where they are checking for the dPLF?

Thanks

If you plan on going ashore in Malta - you need the dPLF as well as a working Verifly app on your cellphone. This may change in the future but as of today it is accurate. Regent says it is not required for Italy - again, accurate as of yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from our cruise! For anyone searching on this subject, I can report a dPLF was not needed for any of our cruise stops in early May 2022 (Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Sicily, and Malta). Note since we were flying into Spain, the SpTH was needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1