Marella from Southampton?

14 hours ago, swansea_lad said:

Anyone know if Marella will be sailing from Southampton? I know they had seacations and they were very popular.

Not likely, they had already dropped UK departures because the profitability is lower than the fly cruises. They did this some years ago as well but eventually based a ship in the UK. Newcastle was a good base for Iceland, Norway and the Baltics and there were some excellent itinerary's and I enjoyed those cruises.

It does not look like i will be cruising with Marella again for two reasons. I don't want to fly again if possible and more important is Marella's decision to restrict cabins for single occupancy to the lower categories excluding balconies. Having tried balcony cruising I would not go back to insides/outsides. Their loss and other cruise lines gain. I have 4 P&O cruises booked, one next month and am researching 2023. Maybe Princess, Celebrity, NCL, MSC, P&O but sadly not Marella 🥺

• Like 1

Really wish Marella hadn't  stopped sailing from Newcastle, there are so many itineraries  they can do from there including the odd UK cruise.  We have sailed many times with Thomson/Marella but will have to check out other cruise lines.

2 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Really wish Marella hadn't  stopped sailing from Newcastle, there are so many itineraries  they can do from there including the odd UK cruise.  We have sailed many times with Thomson/Marella but will have to check out other cruise lines.

I believe the new Ambassador Cruise Line will have some sailings out of Newcastle next year on board their second ship, Ambition.

Very short sighted of Marella, especially when many travellers are looking for options closer to home. You only need to look at what other lines (Princess, MSC) are doing and increasing the number of sailings from the UK.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 8:20 AM, Mike.S said:

Very short sighted of Marella, especially when many travellers are looking for options closer to home. You only need to look at what other lines (Princess, MSC) are doing and increasing the number of sailings from the UK.

Yep Princess are putting four ships into Southampton, two are new ships SKY, and Enchanted, also Island, and Emerald,