Cabin Choice on Oosterdam

LewiLewi

We have a choice between Verandah cabin 4172 and 4129 both on the Upper Promenade deck of the Oosterdam. We like an aft cabin, but are concerned that 4172 is above the kitchen part of the dining room and might be noisy at night. 4129 is wedged between life boats and another cabin with an expanded deck, that may block our side views. It is a long cruise so we want to make a good choice. Any suggestions would be helpful.

From what I can see on the deck plan, 4172 is directly above dining tables in the dining room, not the kitchen part. 

4129 has a connecting cabin (4125). I have never seen any complaints about noise from connecting cabins, but I don't remembe what is normally on the wall space that has that door.

Google Halfacts .com and you will find information on 4172 sister ships to the Oosterdam.  4129 is not reviewed but you may find comments on similar connecting cabins as in regard to noise or closet placement on connecting wall.

4129 much better.  It is above the photo shop which will have zero noise and below another stateroom.  Also, you should know that 4172 has a shower only; no tub and shower combo...if that makes a difference.  I don't know if it means that the bathroom is smaller or not in 4172.