Bermuda Travel Authorization - Email 4 days before?

I am traveling on the Joy this Sunday, May 1st. I applied for the Bermuda travel authorization a few weeks back. I received two confirmation emails - one for myself and one for my husband. It stated that we would receive a link 4 days prior so that we can upload our Covid test results on Friday. I received an email for my husband. It was sent last night at 11pm. However, I didn't receive the email with link for myself. Has anyone experienced this issue? I plan to give it until tomorrow and then try calling them. 

Please let us know how this resolves.  We are on the Joy on the 8th.  My husband is one of those weird people who doesn’t have email.  So I use my email for both of us.  I never received the confirmation that Bermuda received my initial application.   So I am concerned about the links.  

5 minutes ago, sassycruiser said:

Please let us know how this resolves.  We are on the Joy on the 8th.  My husband is one of those weird people who doesn’t have email.  So I use my email for both of us.  I never received the confirmation that Bermuda received my initial application.   So I am concerned about the links.  

Same here -- I used the same email for both. But, I did get two separate confirmations when I sent in the original applications. I will definitely let you know how it goes. I find the application process and the Covid testing so stressful. I really can't get excited until two days before the cruise when these are complete. 

• Like 1

I agree.  We cruised in January with Princess and the worst thing was scheduling the test.  Michigan was in the middle of the surge and appointments were impossible.  I bought the at home tests but my husband was afraid to do them.  

• Like 1

This - as FYI only - recent news article published by The Royal Gazette helps explain, or not - in short, submit your application(s) early, look for the confirmation & check on the email link(s) - and, as soon as the test results are available, upload them ... then, cross your fingers & hope they catched up matching & prioritizing the pending ones based on ship schedule.  

https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/news/article/20220422/government-blames-late-applications-for-travel-authorisation-delays/

We received 6 pending TA for our upcoming Bermuda cruise on the Joy - 2 reservations for 2 staterooms, using only 3 different email addresses - should get the reminder email/link to upload our test results next week.  @sassycruiser - we are on the same ship & sailing, good luck on your upgrade bid(s).  Just received our colored luggage tags in the mail yesterday, not bidding with anything higher so that's one less competition to worry about for you.  Anyway, I can't tell from that list as to who's who among CC'ers on the Roll Call since I do not co-mingle our FB particulars and join those groups as CC'ers.  On getting (free) Antigen Rapid testing done - wasn't a problem last month, options are fine this week in NYC and hopefully won't run into availability shortfalls by Monday when the weekly mobile sites are released from municipal public health. 

Niece is finally onboard the Joy, along with her group of friends, this afternoon ?? (evening) sailing to Bermuda - submitted the apps fine, uploaded negative test results on Sundays & early Mondays - none of them received their "seamless" application approval # late into last night.  She had to call them (not surprised, huh) & be on hold, wait & then manually processed by a live Bermuda "agent" to get the pass approved & email dispatched, printed out for backup & then, made a belated trip to carpool to the ship for check-in. 

Personal comment, FWIW - as Bermuda's cruise season begin to ramp up - this entire scheme is really annoying, not compliance and getting it done as required under their rules & regulations, but rather, a sincere question of whether the island's governance are fully & adequately staffed to manage ... there is no personnel to answer calls or manage urgent & emergency applications overnight.   

• Like 3

Here she goes - Joy's first NY to Bermuda cruise of 2022 for a short 5 nighters.  She has backed out of Pier 88 and underway ~ approx. 20 minutes, live video uploaded (16:45 ET) by our niece.  Woohoo' - Bon Voyage for all onboard her. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

I am traveling on the Joy this Sunday, May 1st. I applied for the Bermuda travel authorization a few weeks back. I received two confirmation emails - one for myself and one for my husband. It stated that we would receive a link 4 days prior so that we can upload our Covid test results on Friday. I received an email for my husband. It was sent last night at 11pm. However, I didn't receive the email with link for myself. Has anyone experienced this issue? I plan to give it until tomorrow and then try calling them. 

My husband and I are on the May 1 sailing as well.  We completed the TA for Bermuda a month in advance and received 2 confirmation emails. This morning we both received separate emails reminding us to upload our COVID negative test results on Friday. We share the same email also.  Hoping they have increased staffing and we don’t have to call them over the weekend to get our approvals.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AmbitionatBay said:

My husband and I are on the May 1 sailing as well.  We completed the TA for Bermuda a month in advance and received 2 confirmation emails. This morning we both received separate emails reminding us to upload our COVID negative test results on Friday. We share the same email also.  Hoping they have increased staffing and we don’t have to call them over the weekend to get our approvals.

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure why I didn't get my email. I guess I will be calling tomorrow because I tried emailing earlier today and I haven't gotten any response. 

You probably didn't get a response  because they are not late with your e-mail. As njhorseman stated in the second post of this thread, you lucked out and got your husband's e-mail a day early. I wouldn't get concerned until it didn't show up on the promised day ( four days before embark).

Quick reminder don't call the ( 441 ) 444-2498 number unless it's the last resort, some folks on 4/17 cruise had a massive phone bill, being on hold for hours. Toll Free number is 883-570-2594

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well this could be a real problem.  We just booked for June 19th and they are saying even expedited passports are taking longer than that.  My son has a school id but my daughter is only 8 and they do not make them for children so small (the minimum age is 10 in Pennsylvania).

44 minutes ago, Figmentlover78 said:

Well this could be a real problem.  We just booked for June 19th and they are saying even expedited passports are taking longer than that.  My son has a school id but my daughter is only 8 and they do not make them for children so small (the minimum age is 10 in Pennsylvania).

I think you may have posted your problems on the wrong thread. This is about the Bermuda Travel Authorization.

11 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

You probably didn't get a response  because they are not late with your e-mail. As njhorseman stated in the second post of this thread, you lucked out and got your husband's e-mail a day early. I wouldn't get concerned until it didn't show up on the promised day ( four days before embark).

His arrived 4 days prior to the day we have to upload the Covid results. I just assumed they would come together. So, I should expect it to arrive no later than today?

14 minutes ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

His arrived 4 days prior to the day we have to upload the Covid results. I just assumed they would come together. So, I should expect it to arrive no later than today?

Yes you should expect yours to arrive today.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sassycruiser said:

As a follow-up: I called the 833-570-2594 number and I was told that I uploaded the vaccination proof where the test results were supposed to go. I have no idea how I did that! She sent me an "Action Required" email that said the application requires attention. The link takes me to a page where I can upload the test results as well as the vaccination proof. She told me I only needed to upload the test results and she wrote "TEST" in the notes. On Friday, I will upload the test results and probably do my vaccination proof just to be safe before submitting. Not sure why they didn't send this email without me calling them. I am usually so careful and triple check everything before submitting. Ugh!