Passenger Locator Forms : Spain Intensive

alfredo1

Spain Intensive Cruise: Azamara Quest

Has anyone knowledge or information from Azamara if passengers have to complete a passenger locator form for the visits to Spain, and disembarkation/transit at Lisbon, in addition to one for arriving in Italy. 

Would be good if Azamara would offer definitive advice.

Guest Cooper2020
1 hour ago, alfredo1 said:

Has anyone knowledge or information from Azamara if passengers have to complete a passenger locator form for the visits to Spain, and disembarkation/transit at Lisbon, in addition to one for arriving in Italy. 

Travellers from the UK who can either show proof of being fully vaccinated, or of having recovered from prior COVID-19 infection in the last 6 months, or who are aged under 12 years old, do not need to complete Spain’s Travel Health Control form. Everyone else must complete Spain’s Travel Health Control form no more than 48 hours before travel to Spain. See Spain’s Ministry of Health travel pages for more detail.

Not sure if you are from UK but that is what I have found when I googled it on the  GOV.UK website. I have only  completed the Italy PLF  form for my upcoming cruise from Rome.

2 hours ago, alfredo1 said:

Are you cruising very soon?  I’d recommend you research each countries entry requirements and fill out whatever forms are required.  If you aren’t cruising soon, most likely entry requirements will be changing.  Again 

I don’t think it’s any cruise line’s responsibility to advise on necessary forms as it would be difficult to keep up with all the changes in so many places.  It is something your travel agent can help with though

2 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Are you cruising very soon?  I’d recommend you research each countries entry requirements and fill out whatever forms are required.  If you aren’t cruising soon, most likely entry requirements will be changing.  Again 

I don’t think it’s any cruise line’s responsibility to advise on necessary forms as it would be difficult to keep up with all the changes in so many places.  It is something your travel agent can help with though

Whilst I agree it is very difficult to research requirements as several countries have differing rules re form completion when arriving by cruise ship and as I know from a cruise on another line recently the requirements were different.  I do not know where Alfredo lives but I doubt any UK travel agent can help you through all this.  I would also have expected the cruise line to know, isn't that part of the role of their documentation team??  They used to issue information in advance re visas, this isn't really very much different.

• Like 3

Guest Cooper2020
4 hours ago, alfredo1 said:

It sounds like you may be on my cruise on the 8th.  I do not know if you are aware but flying into Italy at the moment you have to wear an FFP2 mask without valve.  This rule is due to end on the 1st of May but it is not yet set in stone and I have read that the Italian government may extend the wearing of FFP2 masks indoors.  I am going to take some  just in case to wear on the flight/airport and transport to the ship.  

We were on Pursuit early April. We left from Barcelona to France and we didn't have to do a locator form which was a requirement if we had arrived by air. There must have been a dispensation for cruises which would have been nice to know beforehand. The day before we were due to arrive in Italy there was a tiny remark in the daily info to complete an Italian locator form online. We had to do this with the terrible wifi on the ship. We did this and it was not asked for, or checked at any Italian port. I am sure that a lot of people would not have even seen the notice. Same for the vaccine pass and paper copy we took everywhere. We were only ever asked to show our vaccination proof at check in at Rome airport on the way home! All of the paper work seemed pretty pointless and I am sure did nothing to protect anyone from covid. Azamara UK say that it is the passenger responsibility to make sure they have the correct documents and to check with their visa company if in doubt. Unfortunately the link on their website to the visa company doesn't work!! The passport information on the UK website is also incorrect which I did email them and tell them but they were totally disinterested. I love Azamara at sea but the admin and the website need a real overhaul.

• Like 4

Here you can find the information https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profesionales/saludPublica/ccayes/alertasActual/nCov/spth.htm

For people arriving by ship the health form is not necessary:

"Passengers arriving in Spain by sea must also be in possession of one of the required health certificates (vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test), whether it is an EU CCD/EU Equivalent or another type, without being required to complete a health control form." (also in this site)

Also the italian entry form is not necessary from May, 1st.

Edited by beatnix
  • Like 2