Voyager quarantine location?

asnaleah

According to a report from the Splendor the Miami TA roll call, a couple were allowed to isolate in their suite after testing positive in Barcelona. Their were on a BtoB. They were released later in the cruise and enjoyed the last two days of their cruise. Why different treatment on the different ships?

• Thanks 1

Maybe policy has changed - but up until recently all of Deck 6 was allocated for quarantine. Perhaps with the new (non) testing policy, they don't have as many sick...or they quarantine for less than 11 days now.

• Thanks 1

On Mariner now, I have not seen any designated quarantine area. But of course we are at very low capacity so there are plenty of empty cabins.  There are a number of people that have been quarantined on the ship.  If both/all passengers in the same suite test positive then they can stay together in their suite.  If only one person in a suite tests positive then that person is removed to a separate suite.  

Duration of quarantine depends on how long you test positive for.  I have been told you need 3 consecutive negative tests to get out of quarantine. I have seen people over the last few days that I haven’t seen for quite some time, so they are now just starting to be released from quarantine.  

No new cases onboard I am told…but that is just from the butler as there is never an official mention of Covid from the captain, cruise director or any officer etc. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Are you on board and being forced to quarantine?

No. We board in Barcelona June 6. Looks like Voyager is all balconies so I guess deck 6 wouldn’t be bad. Thanks 

10 hours ago, gcorgain said:

When we tested positive in January we were allowed to stay in our suite, but it did require some discussion. This was on Explorer.

Would you be willing to elaborate on the discussion and who you had it with? Were you given a copy of the quarantine policies?

We were just on the Splendor TA to Barcelona and the following segment to Trieste. We know of some fellow travelers, starting in Miami, but continuing on to Monte Carlo. They tested positive 2 days before Trieste, and were allowed to quarantine in their cabin for 5 days. They subsequently tested negative, and have been allowed to continue their trip. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Brownie54 said:

We were just on the Splendor TA to Barcelona and the following segment to Trieste. We know of some fellow travelers, starting in Miami, but continuing on to Monte Carlo. They tested positive 2 days before Trieste, and were allowed to quarantine in their cabin for 5 days. They subsequently tested negative, and have been allowed to continue their trip. 

Much better than the previous 11 day lockdown...ty for the info.

On 5/6/2022 at 2:18 PM, Pcardad said:

I tested positive 2 days before Trieste..  We were going back to back so we were on the next cruise too.  I did 6 days in quarantine before testing negative two days in a row,  My wife was negative but she was quarantined in another stateroom.  Didn't see her for 6 LONG days.  It was not good, and I think they traced it to the person that brought it on board.  Thanks for ruining my vacation,  Although I was never that sick, it made me fatigued to the max and killed my appetite,  

• Thanks 2

On 5/6/2022 at 3:18 PM, Pcardad said:

It is still possible to be in quarantine for 11 days or more.  You need 3 negative tests to get out of quarantine.  On our recent Mariner cruise, there were several passengers quarantined for 10+ days (one as long as 12).  Suddenly I started seeing people I had never seen before….they had been locked up for quite a while.