Welcome Home Danno.......Waiting to Hear All About It

Lois R

:)Hi Dan, I think you should be home sometime

today! Isn't Century Sunday to Sunday now??

After your thread about the exxageration of the demise of Century,

I would love to read your thoughts about the entire week.

(Probably other folks would too).

Hope you and Jill made it home safely, along with your friends of course!

Looking forward to reading your review:)

:)Hi Dan, I think you should be home sometime

today! Isn't Century Sunday to Sunday now??

After your thread about the exxageration of the demise of Century,

I would love to read your thoughts about the entire week.

(Probably other folks would too).

Hope you and Jill made it home safely, along with your friends of course!

Looking forward to reading your review:)

Hi Lois !

Century is back tomorrow. After a 10 night sailing tomorrow.... All of her Sailings for the rest of the Caribbean season, are Sun-Sun, with the exception of mine (March 9th), which is a 9 night sailing. I think they had lots of 9-10 night sailing originally scheduled, but changed most of them to 7 night sailings a few months ago. This was one of the worst Caribbean seasons schedule-wise for Celebrity. They made lots of changes, and especially in the case of Century, was hard to keep track of. I would think that all of the changes did not help them revenue-wise either.

Needless to say, I am eager to see what they have planned for 2007-2008, and what changes (if any) will be made to the schedules and fleet deployment. Hopefully, we will know in the next month or two.

Hi Everyone !

By the way, an Old Friend makes a very rare appearance in Ft Lauderdale today. Welcome back Summit !!!

I hope we will see much more of her in the Future. We would love to see her do (at least a few) Caribbean sailings in 2007. How about it Celebrity ?

Hi Andy, wave to her for me too;) oh if she sailed the Caribbean

next year I would be looking at that with you as well.

I have 2 bookings for way ahead.....but they can always

be transferred to something else!

Hi Andy, wave to her for me too;) oh if she sailed the Caribbean

next year I would be looking at that with you as well.

I have 2 bookings for way ahead.....but they can always

be transferred to something else!

Hi Lois !

I waved to her today for both of us. For some reason, she departed Ft Lauderdale pretty late today. I do not know why.

Boy, would I be thrilled if Summit would be back in Florida for at least a few Caribbean sailings in late 2006 or 2007. I am not saying she should be here all the time, but why not let her stay in the Caribbean for a few weeks, when she does her Panama Canal sailings, instead of turning her right around and sending her back to the West Coast ? Just a thought.

I also have a few sailings booked, but my guess is, they will change as soon as the new schedule comes out. Right now, I have Constellation in November, but I am looking to change it to Century instead. Then, I will probably do Constallation in early 2007, when she is doing the 10 night Ultimate Caribbean. That is the best Caribbean Itinerary that Celebrity has going for them. I cant wait to be on that sailing again !

Hi Andy

We just signed up for the Feb 9th sailing, and I am very excited about it.

Esther

Hi Esther !

Do you mean the March 9th sailing on Century ? Just Curious :)

We sail on the Century 9/2/06 to Europe our first time on her. We have always sailed on larger ship and are really looking forward to sailing on a smaller ship to these ports. Do you think we will like her. Any photos to share. We will have one of the new ocean view cat 2A balconies. I really want to up grade to CC class but the cost is $800 more don't think it will be worth it we will all ready have a new cabin what more could we what.

No, the Feb 9th on the Constellation. It's the Ultimate Caribbean Cruise.

Esther

Ah, so Feb 9, 2007 then :)

While this is a new itinerary for Constellation, is it not new to Celebrity. Summit previously did this itinerary for a few years. If you haven't sailed it yet, you are in for a big treat. It is an awesome itinerary. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Everyone !

By the way, an Old Friend makes a very rare appearance in Ft Lauderdale today. Welcome back Summit !!!

I hope we will see much more of her in the Future. We would love to see her do (at least a few) Caribbean sailings in 2007. How about it Celebrity ?

Hi Andy,,,from your mouth to Celebrity's ears!!!!!Love the Summit, just don't want to fly to Calif. to cruise on her;) ....

Ann

We sail on the Century 9/2/06 to Europe our first time on her. We have always sailed on larger ship and are really looking forward to sailing on a smaller ship to these ports. Do you think we will like her. Any photos to share. We will have one of the new ocean view cat 2A balconies. I really want to up grade to CC class but the cost is $800 more don't think it will be worth it we will all ready have a new cabin what more could we what.

Hi, to your question about liking her......I LOVE her:D

I have sailed Century 3 times and will go again next year....after

her "upgrade".

I can't give you any educated replies on paying for that CC class

as I sail insides and windows. I have had a balcony twice but

that is very unusual for me. (on other ships).

800.00 is ALOT of $$$ (for me anyway).

As to liking the ship....I hope you like her!

If you want to click on my webshots below 3 sets are from

my 3 Century cruises. I had a wonderful time......all 3 times:)

Hi Andy,,,from your mouth to Celebrity's ears!!!!!Love the Summit, just don't want to fly to Calif. to cruise on her;) ....

Ann

Hi Ann !

Well, I am not overly optimistic that Summit will be moved back to Florida on a permanent basis, but we can hope right ? :).

I would even be pretty happy if Summit did a series of Sailings from Florida, say for a month or 2, when she did one of her Eastbound Panama Canal Sailings. Why not let her stay for a month or 2 in the Caribbean, and then do a Westbound Panama Canal back to the West Coast ? Wouldnt that be a great idea ?

How about it Celebrity ? :)

Hi Ann !

Well, I am not overly optimistic that Summit will be moved back to Florida on a permanent basis, but we can hope right ? :).

I would even be pretty happy if Summit did a series of Sailings from Florida, say for a month or 2, when she did one of her Eastbound Panama Canal Sailings. Why not let her stay for a month or 2 in the Caribbean, and then do a Westbound Panama Canal back to the West Coast ? Wouldnt that be a great idea ?

How about it Celebrity ? :)

Hi Andy,,that would make me happy,,take whatever we can get on the Summit,,,yes how about it Celebrity.....:cool:

Ann

Just walked in a half hour ago...I'll put my thoughts together in the next couple of days.

The short version...great cruise. Dave and Dale had a great time. Century is due for dry dock, but not overdue. We had the best wait staff we have had in years...thank you Zoran and Tiger. The new menu has some welcome changes. The sandwich and wrap area of the the buffet is great. The beer is TOO EXPENSIVE. I actually liked the CD, Bruce Kidd. The shows were the best I remember. The Ladder Guy was the best single act I've ever seen on a ship. Nasty, rough seas coming in :D (we loved it). The in cabin TV still sucks.

Going to bed now....

Just walked in a half hour ago...I'll put my thoughts together in the next couple of days.

The short version...great cruise. Dave and Dale had a great time. Century is due for dry dock, but not overdue. We had the best wait staff we have had in years...thank you Zoran and Tiger. The new menu has some welcome changes. The sandwich and wrap area of the the buffet is great. The beer is TOO EXPENSIVE. I actually liked the CD, Bruce Kidd. The shows were the best I remember. The Ladder Guy was the best single act I've ever seen on a ship. Nasty, rough seas coming in :D (we loved it). The in cabin TV still sucks.

Going to bed now....

Hi Dan !

Welcome Home. I was curious to hear if the menu changes happened on Century yet. I cant wait to see the changes for myself in 10 days. I have met Bruce previously, and I look forward to see how he does as a Cruise Director (Allan King is on Vacation right now).

I think the Ladder Guy LIVES on Century :). I have seen him many times, but he is always fun to watch.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Also, if you can mention who the Captain is, I would appreciate it.

I am glad you had a great time !

Didn't cave :p ...enjoyed more local beer on shore (average $2, vs $5.50 on the ship), a few on the ship...spent about the same, drank less beer, so the servers are the one's hurt the most. The pricing for drinks are really high...so I drank less and tipped more.

The wine seems to be in line however...

Archived