Still testing positive at disembarkation

B x

Hubby asked me if this had come up on any threads,  if it has then I missed it so asking. His question has anyone who became an inmate on Deck 3 whilst cruising still been testing positive on the last day of their cruise? If so how did Celebrity deal with that? 

That leads to another question, the recognised isolation time is five days, if one is negative after those five days are you released back to your own cabin? If on the other hand one is still testing positive which can be ten days or longer even if asymptomatic I presume you are kept in isolation until negative?

Also, am I right in thinking if one half of a couple is positive and one negative, only one is put into isolation? As I have MS this is a concern as I need help with certain parts of everyday living. 

• Like 1

@B x I would think that serious consideration needs to be given to all options and drawbacks before fully committing to sailing given your health condition.

Will contracting C-19 put you at serious risk of serious illness, possibly, even if fully vaccinated and you and/or your DH were to be quarantined?

You may not even contract C-19 on your sailing, yet make contingency thoughts and planning in case.

In health and bon voyage

4 hours ago, B x said:

Hubby asked me if this had come up on any threads,  if it has then I missed it so asking. His question has anyone who became an inmate on Deck 3 whilst cruising still been testing positive on the last day of their cruise? If so how did Celebrity deal with that? 

That leads to another question, the recognised isolation time is five days, if one is negative after those five days are you released back to your own cabin? If on the other hand one is still testing positive which can be ten days or longer even if asymptomatic I presume you are kept in isolation until negative?

Also, am I right in thinking if one half of a couple is positive and one negative, only one is put into isolation? As I have MS this is a concern as I need help with certain parts of everyday living. 

It's a game of chances right now.  Roll the dice I suppose but then you need to accept the consequences, of which I do hope there will be no issues for you!

The attached may answer some of your questions

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

Some of the assistance provided by the cruise line changed after 4/30.  So what a passenger experienced a month ago will be different now.  Good travel insurance that will provide coverage should one get Covid is more important now than a week ago.

5 hours ago, B x said:

We just booked a last min for June to get back on board. Live 40 min from port.

What I suspect is happening is each ship is handling the issue differently. Some balcony for balcony. Others I read window or none which I would freak from. I have a friend with MS. Might want to get a doctors letter to bring with you just in case you need assistance and they don’t let you stay together.