Beach Break with Open Bar (RCCL) - Any reviews?

webzila

Has anyone done the "Beach Break with Open Bar" excursion on Royal Caribbean in Costa Maya?

Their site does not have any reviews for excursions and it doesn't provide much details either. For amenities all it says is open bar, pool and lounge chairs...

Tried searching for that excursion/name on this forum and online but didn't find much.

There aren't many beach clubs along the malecon with pools. Nacional and Blue Reef have pools but they don't do ship excursions and have limits on guest numbers.  Malecon 21 has a "pool" which is basically a segregated part of the reef.  Again I don't think they cater to cruise ship sponsered excursions.  Some of the small hotels also have pools and beach access, but not sure if they are marketing for day visitors.

I don't want a pool. We can go to a pool on a ship 😉

What I am trying to find out is what a specific RCCL excursion offers other than beach chairs. Its the one I mentioned in my original message but the description which Royal Caribbean provides hardly has any details and they don't have a feature where people can leave reviews either.

Hence - trying to find someone who may have been on that particular one to specify what this resort includes besides a beach, chairs and bar

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

There aren't many beach clubs along the malecon with pools. Nacional and Blue Reef have pools but they don't do ship excursions and have limits on guest numbers.  Malecon 21 has a "pool" which is basically a segregated part of the reef.  Again I don't think they cater to cruise ship sponsered excursions.  Some of the small hotels also have pools and beach access, but not sure if they are marketing for day visitors.

Crew, I thought we determined when this question was asked a few years ago this was the old snr Frogs location plus some of the area from Blue Kay?

No idea if this is still the same location that is used as the same name for excursions is often used even when the location changes. However as you say not many locations with pools and highly unlikely to be Jaimie’s or Nacional.  Not sure what you are referring to at Malecon 21 unless there is one in the hotel part which I don’t recall and highly doubt it is used for a cruise ship excursion. 

15 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Crew, I thought we determined when this question was asked a few years ago this was the old snr Frogs location plus some of the area from Blue Kay?

True, but I haven't ever see reviews of any new club opening.  I didn't venture up the malecon that far last time we were there and perhaps maps are old, but not seeing anything pointed out near there.

Looks like the original question / topic derailed. So just going to check one more time if anyone has been on RCCL and taken the "Beach Break with Open Bar" in Costa Maya. If yes - where exactly does it go and what do they provide there? Again the description is not very detailed and there are no reviews.

(I don't care about Pools or anything else in the port itself)

Thanks

45 minutes ago, webzila said:

Looks like the original question / topic derailed. So just going to check one more time if anyone has been on RCCL and taken the "Beach Break with Open Bar" in Costa Maya. If yes - where exactly does it go and what do they provide there? Again the description is not very detailed and there are no reviews.

(I don't care about Pools or anything else in the port itself)

Thanks

The question didn’t derail, it was a continuation of when this question was originally asked pre-covid.  I am not sure if there have been any changes. As I recall it didn't get great reviews but you would need to use the search engine to find them. There were previous reviews but obviously now dated.

I will see if I can find any updates regarding location for you on board. What specifically are you looking for besides loungers?

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

The question didn’t derail, it was a continuation of when this question was originally asked pre-covid.  I am not sure if there have been any changes. As I recall it didn't get great reviews but you would need to use the search engine to find them. There were previous reviews but obviously now dated.

I will see if I can find any updates regarding location for you on board. What specifically are you looking for besides loungers?

Thanks. Basically just want to know where it goes and what is offered because the Review/Highlights section on RCCL doesn't really say much. Is this private beach club = Maya Chan Beach Resort?

Also was wondering what the "amenities" are since the description doesn't specify other than that + beach chairs, pools and open bar.

It wouldn't be Maya Chan as they only book guests via their website.

While you may not care if there is a pool or not, listing the pool in the description is an identifier for the club.

Typically ship-excursions don't reveal their vendors. And typically, vendors associated with cruise ship excursions don't take cruise passengers booking on their own. 

IMO, you'd be better off booking Maya Chan or one of the other clubs offering All Inclusive deals than risking a ship excursion to an unknown place.  All Mahahual beach clubs with AIs have websites and there are plenty of reviews on Trip Advisor or on this board.

Any recommendations for all inclusive beach resorts besides Maya Chan because that's a no go. They said they are all booked in the day I needed in June. Also they said that July-Sept they will be closed for renovations...just FYI

2 hours ago, webzila said:

Any recommendations for all inclusive beach resorts besides Maya Chan because that's a no go. They said they are all booked in the day I needed in June. Also they said that July-Sept they will be closed for renovations...just FYI

Checked at shore excursions desk and it is indeed the old snr frogs, location next to Blue Kay. You can see it on google maps.

No recommendations currently. There are places that are OK but we are struggling to find somewhere special since cruising resumed. Our old favorites have been disappointing. However we don’t generally do AI. 

8 hours ago, webzila said:

Look up Jaimes Blue Reef.   Mid malecon Good food, good drinks, good service, shade.  Or Nacional Beach Club. Almost next door to Blue Reef.  Long established hotel now offering limited day passes. Or NoHochKay (think ownership changed for a second time recently).  All have websites or FB. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, webzila said:

FYI - the beach is at Quinto Sol Hotel

Yes, that is correct. Quinto sole is next to the old snr frogs although I didn’t  realize they were the actual owners of the property. I confirmed the location with shore excursions when  I was on the Adventure in May. Have you been now and were you able to use the hotel facilities as well?

At one point they also had an affiliation with Blue Kay which is next door again but who actually owns what and what is sub-let becomes a rather grey area!

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes, that is correct. Quinto sole is next to the old snr frogs although I didn’t  realize they were the actual owners of the property. I confirmed the location with shore excursions when  I was on the Adventure in May. Have you been now and were you able to use the hotel facilities as well?

At one point they also had an affiliation with Blue Kay which is next door again but who actually owns what and what is sub-let becomes a rather grey area!

Was there today. Nothing special.

There was a bunch of little separate beach sections and there were Blue Kay signs everywhere.

The beach is more like a sectioned off lagoon.

Drink food servers were good.

The only facilities we used were the bathrooms / shower area outside. I didn't even know there was a hotel until we were leaving and saw the sign. When we were arriving the only sign I noticed is a property for lease or sale one...

14 minutes ago, webzila said:

Was there today. Nothing special.

There was a bunch of little separate beach sections and there were Blue Kay signs everywhere.

The beach is more like a sectioned off lagoon.

Drink food servers were good.

The only facilities we used were the bathrooms / shower area outside. I didn't even know there was a hotel until we were leaving and saw the sign. When we were arriving the only sign I noticed is a property for lease or sale one...

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately this excursion has never received stellar reviews as I stated earlier. However I think Costa Maya will take some time to regroup so choices are limited at the moment.