What can we expect with a Sky Suite "host"?

MMMCruiser

7 hours ago, Andrea & Bill said:

Yes, Apex out of Amsterdam, 9/2023.

It may be worth you starting your own post perhaps with a title like ‘Apex, British Isles cruise, is a Sky Suite worth the extra cost?’. Hopefully regular Edge class cruisers will be able to advise…

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, MMMCruiser said:

I have been reading here for a while, and I have seen several posts where people haven't been happy with the service they have received from their hosts.  I also see that there are different classes of suits, with different services included, but I'm quite confused as to what can be expected with certain cabins.

I have never sailed with Celebrity.  I am considering booking an Aqua Sky Suite on either the Apex or the Beyond for next summer.  The price is quite high compared to a regular balcony cabin, and I have read conflicting information regarding what to expect. 

Can someone here please let a newbie know what we can expect from our host/butler?  We aren't high maintenance but of course would like to know what things would be reasonable to request.  

Thanks in advance. 

I have never cruised in a suite class cabin. However, on embarkation day, on first meet up, I tip our cabin steward $40 -$50 and thank them profusely in advance for making our vacation great. Other than serving an in suite meal, I can’t think of anything on this thread that our stewards did not handle. They handled ice multiple times, tracking down IPA beers (we had bev package), snacks, reservations. Hot water carafe each morning to brew our own pour overs. They cover a lot of cabins so being patient is key but I felt spoiled and taken care of. Even if you’re not in a suite, a generous tip up front plus some kindness can get you nearly suite level service. And I reward great service again at the end. 

On 5/11/2022 at 11:06 AM, levramosis said:

Understand that, as I understand it, your butler reports directly to the retreat concierge.

Just a small clarification to help with the remainder of your good comment.  

The Butlers DO NOT report to the Retreat Concierge -  they report to the Retreat Manager  who also Manages the Retreat Concierges.   So effectively the Concierges and the Retreat Hosts (Butler) are team members that work together to take care of your needs.

I think we're fairly low maintenance suite guests, at least as far as personal retreat hosts are concerned. We let them know we don't want the afternoon canapes but do want a cheese/charcuterie plate at night, and that we want more pillows when we first see them, and that otherwise generally will want to not see them. (Prefer for things to just "magically" happen in the background - which it does.)

Suspect on our forthcoming cruise we will certainly be taking advance of our Elite laundry bags (and perhaps a bit more laundry), and maybe I will ask to have some shoes shined (never asked for that before).

In a Royal Suite (which we've only done once), we'd have breakfast in the room.  We did that once in our Sky Suite and it wasn't comfortable - so now we head to luminae for brekkie.

Given the not inconsiderable amount we spend on our cruises I suppose I do go on expecting something close to perfection. Of course, perfection cannot be achieved, but we've found that if you say something at the time, things are usually put right very quickly. I am determined to try to be more of a "roll with the punches" guy than I have been in the past - finally realising that to some extent it is up to me whether to be upset by something or not. On all our cruises things have been superb, and where not they are only minor niggles.

On our last cruise (silhouette, Norway) our PRH did keep appearing with a worried look wondering if we wanted anything from him as we had not asked for anything at all since the first day.  We kept reassuring we did not.  On the penultimate night he gave us a bottle of perrier jouet, which was splendid - our favorite champagne - and completely unexpected.