Grand Princess 2022 Dry Dock

qhatoff

We're sailing on the Grand in late May and noticed that it is currently in a 2-week dry dock in Portland. Does anyone have any insights into the work being done (besides regular mechanical/engine maintenance)? We'll be curious to read some reports from the first trips once Grand returns to service - especially since we have read some mixed reports about this particular ship's condition.

Following... We're on there early June.

On another site people are saying there are some issues. I sure hope this gets fixed soon. 

I specifically chose this ship because it was smaller and supposedly can get into better areas.  Maybe I should stick to the RC giant glitzy new ones... time will tell.

I was on the Grand in March 2022 and did not notice any significant issues.  Here she is in Portland.  Her sleeper sofas (in suites) were replaced after my October (2021) cruise.  They were so much better.  

1570879021_Granddrydock.thumb.jpeg.423e3fa2fbe9ed90356cd6ec39d75667.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was on the Grand over last Christmas and thought she was in fine shape then. Of course there were only 400 passengers lol.  I will be sailing on her in June and would also like to know if they are updating any areas

• Like 1

It looks like the Grand just departed on its first Voyage of the Glaciers trip of the season! Anyone able to share if there were any updates during Dry Dock? Or comment on the ship's general state?

On 5/4/2022 at 7:14 PM, qhatoff said:

we have read some mixed reports about this particular ship's condition.

---

We have been on Grand 4 times (b2b2b in October-November 2021 and another in December 2021-January 2022); she was in FANTASTIC shape -- a real gem in the Princess fleet.  Grand gleamed with polish inside and out, and with newer upholstery.

To us, Grand shined as well as Majestic (November and December 2021) and Discovery (April 2022). 

In comparison to Grand, we felt that Ruby Princess (November 2021) was the ship that felt a little worn around the edges.

Additionally for us, Grand's crew and service has continued to be better than any other Princess ship we have ever sailed.

---

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We thought the staff and food onboard last Christmas were both very good. She is a fantastic ship for Alaska with the full promenade and lots of open deck without glass to look thru.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1