Beer list

We will be on the Quest this summer, our first Seabourn cruise.  We’ve sailed with Crystal and our one disappointment was their beer selection.  With the popularity of craft beer, we hope that Seabourn will offer better options.  Is anyone aboard the Ovation or Encore that can share the current list?  

I requested local beers in advance of my Seabourn cruise. They provided them, but they were the worst. If I cruise Seabourn again, I will make more specific requests.

In the past, if you requested a specific beer a couple of months in advance they would try to source it.  (And I did one Crustal cruise and agree the beer selection was pitiful.  I am a big IPA fan myself).  Over the years I've had varying success with getting what I ask for in advance on Seabourn but once in St John USVI the bar manager took a taxi to a supermarket to get what Seattle could not source for me.  But the trick is to talk to the Bar Manager and tell him/her your preferences and they often go off the ship in each port and try to source local brews and wines.  (A former bar manager, who was amazing in many ways, once ran into me in the hall one night as we were returning to our suite with a big grin on his face - when we got back there were 12 different beers he got for me that day).  

• Like 2

I always ask in advance , but the trick is to try to find what is available at embarkation port and order at least 2 weeks in advance .You cannot expect seabourn to fly in your favourite but if available they always mange to get what I have asked for.

Here's the full list of complimentary beer and wine that is available in the club, apparently for today, in the Quest.  I found it in the Seabourn Source app - if you click "View More" above the Gourmet Dining section, you can see a drinks menu for some of the bars.  I think it is specific to your ship, and it does seem to change every day.  I don't think this is the full list of complementary wines available in other venues, FWIW.

IMG_3C2E98D02214-1.jpeg

I've found there are always other beers aboard, but in smaller quantities — so what's available one week may vary from the next, and for craft and local beers, it's likely to vary from bar to bar on the ship.

5 hours ago, cruiseej said:

I've found there are always other beers aboard, but in smaller quantities — so what's available one week may vary from the next, and for craft and local beers, it's likely to vary from bar to bar on the ship.

Very true, especially if the bar team went off in a local port and bought a sampling.  For beer I find the Patio bar usually has the best selection.  Sky Bar - where I live usually has the most limited selection - so I ask them to find something for me from another bar and from then on it is at the Sky Bar.   Always pays to ask.  Just the same w/ wines, if they only have a small quantity it will not show up or be offered - make friends with the sommeliers and ask what they have....  Sometimes an amazing bottle, same w/ the revenue wines, maybe 5 cruises ago they had X on the revenue list but now only have 3 bottles left.  They want to get rid of it but can't put it on the list.  

• Like 1

Agree with 2SailingNomads, the Patio Bar has had the best selection of beers.  They do have a standard list and it’s pretty pedestrian. Heineken seems to be the best choice of the lot but if you ask more specifically, for a local beer or IPA the door opens and you are offered a more extensive selection.  

• Like 1

Dear Rungirl:

Should not drink beer, too many calories! Drink Champagne! 

Love Mom

(We are taking our small family of 8 on Seabourn as our Crystal cruise…well you all know the story…it will be their first Seabourn cruise, mom & dad have 250+ days sailed!)

• Like 1

Has anyone had good success getting NA beer other than Becks Blue stocked?  I seem to recall my husband enjoying a couple of other good European NAs when we were last onboard (without requesting them specially), but its been a hot minute since we last sailed pre-Covid.

• Like 1