COVID Testing On Board Seaview, For Flight from Barcelona to USA

obxlover

Can I get a COVID test onboard on the Seaview?  I need a negative test to come back to the US and I am hoping to do it onboard.  I am departing from Barcelona to the US and I understand that I can take the test at the airport, but I would prefer to do it the day before.

If I can get a test onboard, do you know how much it would cost?

On Seaview in April they were advertising a covid antigen test for €25 in the daily planner.  

If that doesn't work, I've used the testing facility at Barcelona Airport 3 times so far - if you are flying from terminal 1 it is fast and easy - located by the check-in area.  I recommend booking an appointment (free - pay with credit card when you get tested) as on one of the occasions (last year) they were turning people without a reservation away.

As a final backup plan you could buy a self test from a EU supermarket (approx €1 to €2) before you board and if needed you can take a monitored self test (using your phone with video).  I have used testifly (€10) and covidtestonline (€15) , and recommend the first one as it uses less data.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:34 AM, 8420PR said:

On Seaview in April they were advertising a covid antigen test for €25 in the daily planner.  

If that doesn't work, I've used the testing facility at Barcelona Airport 3 times so far - if you are flying from terminal 1 it is fast and easy - located by the check-in area.  I recommend booking an appointment (free - pay with credit card when you get tested) as on one of the occasions (last year) they were turning people without a reservation away.

As a final backup plan you could buy a self test from a EU supermarket (approx €1 to €2) before you board and if needed you can take a monitored self test (using your phone with video).  I have used testifly (€10) and covidtestonline (€15) , and recommend the first one as it uses less data.

can you provide me with a link to book the appointment at the airport please. Going to travel to Portugal and want to make sure test is accepted for entry-approval.

Self test in  Barcelona Pharmacy is about $5 each.  If you want certified test you buy self test and take test in front of pharmacist who will write up and sign certificate of result for $10 extra.  Test for boarding and flight home were performed at pharmacies closest to hotel and the hotels were different each time.  Procedure was the same.  If you are not happy with the result of test in front of pharmacist, there is no compulsion to pay for certification; but if you need official result for insurance claim,  the certificate is necessary.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, BVILady said:

can you provide me with a link to book the appointment at the airport please. Going to travel to Portugal and want to make sure test is accepted for entry-approval.

Here is the link:  https://flycovidtestcenter.com/en/barcelona-t1/   The test centre is located in the same place as all the check-in desks in Terminal 1.  As mentioned by mmt44 there are also many places in Barcelona (e.g. pharmacies) to get an antigen test that are a bit cheaper.

But to fly from Spain to Portugal a vaccine certificate is also fine - no need for a test as well.  https://reopen.europa.eu/en/from-to/ESP/PRT

• Thanks 1

Any tips how to book a rapid antigen test in Lisbon airport, one website did not have AA listed as departing airline, ticket states American Airlines and the next website did not list airport as location. Our flight departs at 11.25 am and testing at the airport will get us all the way home.