Norwegian Joy - M6 Family Club Balcony Suite Overhang

roked

Sorry if this has been asked before, I could not find anything while searching.

We are traveling with Norwegian for the first time next year and just seen that the cruise price has dropped quite a bit since we booked. We contacted the TA and they advised that we could not take advantage of the price drop (in the UK) on our booking and we would simply have to cancel and rebook. 

We originally picked a B6 room due to the reviews saying it has a big balcony (so it will have a sun lounger) and an overhang that allows some degree of privacy. The challenge is that there is no B6 room left and if we cancel there is no guarantee we can get the room back we booked, as there is a time delay before the room is released for rebooking (TA said this). 

Looking at other options, it seems the closest to a B6 type balcony is a M6 (without paying more than current the B6) and every room there is currently available. I have tried to find somewhere online a picture of the balcony to see if there is an overhang and getting mixed results i.e. some show with one and some with none.

Anyone have any idea of which M6 rooms on the Norwegian Joy have an overhang from above? or alternatively if there is a better option that gives some privacy but a large balcony still. 

4 hours ago, roked said:

I have tried to find somewhere online a picture of the balcony to see if there is an overhang and getting mixed results i.e. some show with one and some with none.

IMG_5219-scaled.jpg

There is some coverage from above but not as much coverage as Escape. For the largest balconies in that section (BA/GA/Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore), most of the balcony will be exposed and seen from above but there is some coverage (about 1/4 to 1/5) from the balcony above whether it is a standard balcony or a large balcony. The thick white section above shows where the coverage is...

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 1

Thanks for coming back on this, that would make sense, I must have either seen escape photo's or ones that were not from that section.

I have since found a photo that gives me a close up of all those balconies and I can see all 12 rooms are the same i.e. none have a better overhang. The one we have now is one of the two rooms on the far left which has the overhang. Guess I have to work out if its worth taking the risk to cancel since this looks like the only alternative 

balconycloseup.png

I think M6 are all on deck 8 forward on Joy, with a few aft facing cabins on 10.  The cabins above on deck 9 are all BF category, ergo just Balcony cabins which are shorter.  From what I can see, there is no overhang on deck 8 M6 Mini Suites.

22970-1489540090.webp

Edited by scooter6139
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roked said:

Thanks for coming back on this, that would make sense, I must have either seen escape photo's or ones that were not from that section.

I have since found a photo that gives me a close up of all those balconies and I can see all 12 rooms are the same i.e. none have a better overhang. The one we have now is one of the two rooms on the far left which has the overhang. Guess I have to work out if its worth taking the risk to cancel since this looks like the only alternative 

balconycloseup.png

Can you post a larger/wider view of this picture for these cabins?

I've been searching to find a picture of cabins 8146 or 8746.  These two are considered MC/MX cabins.  I would love to see how the balcony looks as they are smaller than the M6, but possibly large enough for loungers.  

14 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Can you post a larger/wider view of this picture for these cabins?

I've been searching to find a picture of cabins 8146 or 8746.  These two are considered MC/MX cabins.  I would love to see how the balcony looks as they are smaller than the M6, but possibly large enough for loungers.  

8146 is already in that picture, its the last cabin on the left with no overhang. 

I have tried to zoom in on it a bit more for you but the picture quality is not that good, its the middle one here. Looking at it, its angled where the divider is about a 1/3 less on the right side but the left is the same as the other B6. So you should be able to get at 1 lounger on the left side, not sure if two would fit

8146joy.png

• Thanks 1

It's hard to see in the pic I posted, but ALL M6 and the one MC cabins are the "open air" ones with nothing above them.  Great for tanning, not so good if you want shade.   😒

Edited by scooter6139
  • Thanks 1