Majestic Princess: Is the Hollywood Pool Club "Adults Only" on Alaska Cruises?

dogg1322

I promise I searched for an answer to this before posting.  Further, I reached out to a cruise consultant from Princess and "chatted" with Princess online. 

But the question is, on any recent (preferably this season) Alaska cruises have children been allowed to use the Hollywood Pool Club on the Majestic Princess?  Since it is the only indoor pool on the ship, I was wondering if the rules were different for Alaska.

The cruise consultant said (after looking it up for some time and telling me there was no indoor pool on the ship) that it is adults only.

The online "chat" told me that children are allowed.

Anyone who has sailed recently, can you answer this question for me?  We have kids ages 11-15, and it would be a bummer to go to Alaska and not be able to use the indoor pool on the ship!

Thanks very much!

One other note, the Princess website's chat feature is super hidden, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and look in the middle of the page!

When we were on the Majestic in February for a Mexican Riviera sailing the Hollywood Conservatory was an adult only area.  I'm not sure why it would be different for other sailings.  I think it is meant to be an adult relaxation area from what I understand.  

The online chat reps are notorious for giving incorrect information.  Sorry.

Edited by Coffeeluvr05
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

When we were on the Majestic in February for a Mexican Riviera sailing the Hollywood Conservatory was an adult only area.  I'm not sure why it would be different for other sailings.  I think it is meant to be an adult relaxation area from what I understand.  

The online chat reps are notorious for giving incorrect information.  Sorry.

Thanks very much.  The reason I ask is that I know that RCL modifies the rules for some of their Alaska sailings for the Solarium on the Serenade of the Seas so that there are certain hours people under 16 can use the indoor pool (with adult supervision)  purely due to the temperature outside!

I appreciate the response!

11 hours ago, Potstech said:

It is listed as adult only and we have seen no children in it the several times we have been there this week.

Thanks Potstech.  If you have any interaction with the crew and want to ask the question to them, that would be awesome, but I suspect your first hand knowledge and observations are correct!

Thanks very much for your response!

1 hour ago, dogg1322 said:

Thanks very much.  The reason I ask is that I know that RCL modifies the rules for some of their Alaska sailings for the Solarium on the Serenade of the Seas so that there are certain hours people under 16 can use the indoor pool (with adult supervision)  purely due to the temperature outside!

I appreciate the response!

Oh no, I didn't know teenagers were allowed on Princess ships😀

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up on this.  I sent multiple emails to Princess and got a call back yesterday.  The woman at Princess HQ who answered my question emailed the folks on the ship directly and they responded to her that the decision had been made to allow children in the Hollywood Pool Club for Alaska Sailings in 2022 as long as they were accompanied by an adult.  

can anyone who has been on board in the last few weeks verify this?

Thanks in Advance!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1