How do you know if you can use Verifly to check-in?

We were able to upload successfully all requested documents/test results for our upcoming cruise to Verifly and now have a "Ready to Sail" view pass under our accounts.  Although we never got an email from Carnival, will we be able to use this service? (We will still bring our papers too just in case, but just curious and excited to try this new app...).  Thank you! 

Thank you!  I'm sorry I should have read on Carnival's site, but I found this too!

"Do I need to send you my vaccine card and test results in advance?

We encourage vaccinated guests to use VeriFLY, a secure, free digital health application that allows them the ability to easily upload required pre-embarkation information, like their vaccine attestation, proof of vaccination, negative COVID-19 test results, and their health assessment. Completing these tasks before check-in will make embarkation a faster and more seamless experience. Unvaccinated guests or vaccinated guests who are unable to complete the VeriFLY process must present the required COVID-19 documentation at the time of check-in."

On MG 4/30.  We completed Verifly (got Ready to sail on our phone) 2 days before sailing.  Once at the pier the  agent (must be a newbie) checked us in re-did everything from picture/copy the vaccine card/Covid Test.  We felt it was a waste of our time she did not take too long do do all that.

1 hour ago, Laplayaperson said:

What are the benefits of Verifly?  Just makes things faster?

Yes. But only marginally so. For those technologically inclined, yes...they will save about 30 or 45 seconds in the boarding process. For those technologically challenged(like I am), I cannot justify  the time required to learn how to do it....if that makes sense. :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Laplayaperson said:

What are the benefits of Verifly?  Just makes things faster?

Does it make things faster?

For you and your family? Very minimal.

For the cruise line trying to board 3000 to 6000 people? I'm sure it will be huge once they get the tech adverse to buy in.

I would venture a guess that this new boarding and document procedure was the result of either a LEAN project or a Six Sigma project.

Remember, verifly only works with fully vaxxed people..it you unvaxxed, or  have had your initial shots but aren't up to date,  you will have to show your test results from the previous 48 hours..

Don't waste your time.

Edited by csoud68

2 hours ago, klfrodo said:

For the cruise line trying to board 3000 to 6000 people? I'm sure it will be huge once they get the tech adverse to buy in.

I would venture a guess that this new boarding and document procedure was the result of either a LEAN project or a Six Sigma project.

I'm 65 and couldn't wait to use it. I love new technology. Loved using my phone all week for menus, wine list, platinum benefits, etc. 

People should at least give it a chance before relenting and requesting paper copies of everything.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

On MG 4/30.  We completed Verifly (got Ready to sail on our phone) 2 days before sailing.  Once at the pier the  agent (must be a newbie) checked us in re-did everything from picture/copy the vaccine card/Covid Test.  We felt it was a waste of our time she did not take too long do do all that.

Same thing happened to us. Our agent looked at completed ready to sail Verifly and then wanted to see all hard copies. Others in our group checking in on both sides of us at the same time just showed Verifly and was good to go.

10 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Not so much as people being tech adverse, but people are getting real tire of having to have another app just to do something. Also so many apps end up leaking data that should not be leaked.