Would RCCL let me bring aboard two 1-liter bottles of wine?

The problem I have is that the RCL drink packages seem pretty expensive.  Roughly $80 per day per person adds up in a hurry.  $80 x 7 days = $560 x 2 passengers = $1,120 which is a lot.

By comparison, I booked a 10 night European cruise on MSC and for about $1k per person, we get an aft balcony, wi-fi and a mid-tier drink package.

30 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

By comparison, I booked a 10 night European cruise on MSC and for about $1k per person, we get an aft balcony, wi-fi and a mid-tier drink package.

I'm tempted to give them a try at some point. I was even looking at one for next year this last weekend, but went with a "known" entity!

Tom

35 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm tempted to give them a try at some point. I was even looking at one for next year this last weekend, but went with a "known" entity!

Tom

If you book MSC, always remember my MSC Golden Rule...

If your cabin mostly looks the way you want it to and the pricing is roughly correct, for God's sake, do not call MSC customer service.  They will screw up your booking with no way to fix it, and frustration of undoing their damage will take several years off your life expectancy".

Once on the ship, things are usually mostly fine.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Haha 4

On 5/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, Stockjock said:

I didn't see him dump it out, lol.  I'll probably give the rum runners another try this time.

I think the Rum Runners are cool.  I do wonder, "What about liquor already packaged in plastic bottles with plastic caps?" would those also be undetectable by x-ray?

So glass bottles appear to refract the x-rays, and show and outline of the bottle shape.  Looking for example of how plastic, or liquid refracts the x-rays.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/drunk-man-inserts-glass-bottle-body-through-anus-surgically-removed-tn-125553

X-ray taken to assess patient's issue

My guess is the mostly flat rum runner pouch does not defract the x-rays. Packing them in several layers of blue jeans creates some interference so the the liquid does not refract as much on the scanner screen.

Edited by BillHoo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BillHoo said:

So glass bottles appear to refract the x-rays, and show and outline of the bottle shape.  Looking for example of how plastic, or liquid refracts the x-rays.

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/drunk-man-inserts-glass-bottle-body-through-anus-surgically-removed-tn-125553

X-ray taken to assess patient's issue

My guess is the mostly flat rum runner pouch does not defract the x-rays. Packing them in several layers of blue jeans creates some interference so the the liquid does not refract as much on the scanner screen.