Bucket of Beer

bluenose1

2 hours ago, sassycruiser said:

We were told by a bar tender on the Joy that they were no longer offered fleetwide.  Perhaps someone else has different info.  

Not seen them for a while. Not sure when they were discontinued, but they certainly seem to have been.

12 minutes ago, GeroWA said:

Most people appear to be taking the "Free at Sea" offered by NCL, so there really wouldn't be any advantage in NCL offering the "Buckets of Beer"

Yes, although they did carry on offering them for some time after they started offering the beverage package under free at sea, even though few people used it.

Its similar to Viva Vino which was still available when the covid shutdown happened. It looks like that may have been discontinued as well now.

43 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

And then there may be the GLASS TRASH recycling issue both for beer and wine bottles ?

People are still drinking the beer and wine, just getting and paying for them in different ways.

It used to be pay for five get six.  Was thinking about this yesterday when I had an oil can.  I'd order a bucket of oil cans to challenge if they could do it.  Always fun for them.

As far as extra glass or plastic, makes no sense whether you order one by one or six. All still has to go to recycling.

As far as 'free' packages, I'd much rather get a bucket of six on ice vs six trips to bar.  Plus I can keep open on ice.  I could see why not due to possible giving to non package people but probably slim chance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

It used to be pay for five get six.  Was thinking about this yesterday when I had an oil can.  I'd order a bucket of oil cans to challenge if they could do it.  Always fun for them.

As far as extra glass or plastic, makes no sense whether you order one by one or six. All still has to go to recycling.

As far as 'free' packages, I'd much rather get a bucket of six on ice vs six trips to bar.  Plus I can keep open on ice.  I could see why not due to possible giving to non package people but probably slim chance.

Totally agree with you. It is nice to have the beer iced down and limit trips to the bar. I love the cold, blue, aluminum bottles of Bud Light on a hot day. I have a bucket from NCL here at home. I still don't know how hubby fit it in his suitcase!

Edited by Cruising Lynne
  • Like 1