off oasis and couple of questions

hi all , we had a great trip on oasis and weather was warm and ports were great. question when we went to port :Cape Canaveral ,we did the tour Ron John transfer to the beach.  We had friends that went to tour Cape Canaveral which was supposed to be six hours but they cut it short to four hours and were back by 5:40pm as the place shut down at 5pm.... my question is did anyone go to Disney or seaworld? how much time did you actually have? and was the transfers to and back  long?was it worth going?

If you are referring to Kennedy Space Center, Yes, closes at 5 pm (standard closing time).    Usually not worth going to Disney as it is approx. 1 hour drive each way and by the time you go get tickets for the park (if not pre-purchased) and go thru security lines you get maybe 4 hours at the park.    

Glad to hear you had nice cruise.      We will be on Oasis later in August.

Edited by Sunshine3601

Before covid, Royal had a bus that took you directly to Magic Kingdom from Port Canaveral.  You were responsible for purchasing your own tickets.  It was so convenient.  It was economical at around $50/pp rt. 

I just cruised to Port Canaveral in Sept. 2021 and they didn't offer it this time. I was little disappointed. I understand with Disney covid protocol, reserving parks and the 50th anniversary it would have been a mad house. But I'm a Disney nut so I would have gladly taken the bus to MK. I searched around for a shuttle to Disney and none was offered. I was sailing solo so an uber/lyft would have been a little to expensive for one person at around $100 one way.

20 minutes ago, cary1306 said:

hi all , we had a great trip on oasis and weather was warm and ports were great. question when we went to port :Cape Canaveral ,we did the tour Ron John transfer to the beach.  We had friends that went to tour Cape Canaveral which was supposed to be six hours but they cut it short to four hours and were back by 5:40pm as the place shut down at 5pm.... my question is did anyone go to Disney or seaworld? how much time did you actually have? and was the transfers to and back  long?was it worth going?

Not worth it at all.  Symphony docked and we were on the bus by 9am,  Waited almost a hour for everyone to show up. About a hour to get to Disney ticket counter. On the way there the driver told all of us to get back to the bus 1 hour before our scheduled time as there was a lot of construction traffic on the highway.  Driver said because of the afternoon parade be sure to start heading back a additional hour early if you were at the far end of the park. Spent less than 3 hours in the park. Needless to say people were very upset. Whole bus load went directly to guest services and Royal had no problem giving a full refund for bus ride and price of admission to Disney as a refund to cc on file. 

29 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Not worth it at all.  Whole bus load went directly to guest services and Royal had no problem giving a full refund for bus ride and price of admission to Disney as a refund to cc on file. 

How can you possibly say it was not worth it at all?  You got to spend over 2.5 hours at Disney for free.  You made out better than spending 150.00+ for 5 hours.