Infinity Bay or LFK for snorkeling

dman77720

1 hour ago, dman77720 said:

I’m debating either LFK or infinity bay and would be curious if anyone might have a review as to if one has better snorkeling then the other ?  

Little French Key is on the windward side of the island.  I think ya need a boat to get to the snorkeling and it seems to me the wind would be pushing you inland.  It did when I was snorkeling Cocoview's front yard on that side of the island. 

West Bay and Infinity are more protected with parts of the reef system steps from your lounger, in a lagoon-ish area. 

If there is a Northern storm, all bets are off. While West Bay Is usually bathtub calm, I have seen 6 foot muddy yucky waves as well. 

If snorkeling from the beach is the goal, In would chose Infinty. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

What about LFK's snorkeling trips they offer?  Does anyone have experience with that? I want an excellent snorkeling option, but I want to ensure that the rest of my party has an excellent beach experience.  I'm also debating the two.  While I know the snorkeling from the shore is great from Infinity Bay, I'm not convinced the beach experience is awesome.  Peddlers constantly asking you to buy something is a little obnoxious.  But does that happen on LFK too?  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

The beach at West Bay is beautiful with crystal-clear water.  Your party will have a great time there.  You can just walk right onto the reef or there are many small boats, just approach one and they will take you out if you'd like to go deeper.  The reef there is fabulous!  I know people way the peddlers are annoying. They are desperately trying to support their families. We just politely say no thank you if we are not interested and they move on.

LFK is great and we really enjoy spending the day there.  However, I definitely can't recommend snorkeling from there.  The waves are too rough.  Compared to the serene water at West Bay - easy choice.

• Like 1