Enchanted Princess Onboard Capacity May/June 2022

Minnie29

Does anyone know what capacity the Enchanted Princess is sailing at at the moment.

We sailed on three cruises last summer, Viking, Cunard and Celebrity and they were all around 50% capacity which was amazing.

We are just a little concerned that the capacity will be back up to 100% and not all the full crew onboard?

Does anyone know how popular the speciality dining restaurants are on the ship and if we can book them in advance of sailing?

Thank you

It appears that most if not all are don't have a full crew.   I've been reading more and more that the cruise ships are getting fuller but the crew is still in short supply.

I like you didn't mind when the ship was sailing at 50% capacity, but now that the ships are full and we aren't getting what is advertised I'm starting to have some issues.

Don't advertise you have all these wonderful Specialty Dining areas and a Chef's Table if you have them shut down for the cruise.   That's unfair to the passengers that booked  expecting them to be available/open.

I read a review of the latest Discovery Princess Alaska sailing and it had 3100 guests with a capacity of 3800, so about 80%.  But some of that could just be that the cruise wasn't sold out (it is the early shoulder season for Alaska after all), and not all rooms are necessarily sold at full capacity (e.g., sometimes couples book rooms that can sleep up to 3 or 4 with the pull down bunks). Given that, it is reasonable to conclude there are no longer capacity limits across the board on princess, though it is possible some may be imposed on a ship by ship basis based on staffing differences across ships.  For example, the ship I mentioned, Discovery, has all of its specialty dining open, but I read a trip report from another ship recently that said Sabatinis was closed due to staffing shortage.

I think the days of 50% sailings our past us, not just for Princess.  I bet if you checked out those other lines, you'd find similar guest count increases.  I know it was fun while it lasted to have uncrowded ships, but obviously, capacity has to go back to normal eventually as reduced capacity simply is not profitable enough for cruise lines to sustain forever.

4 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Does anyone know what capacity the Enchanted Princess is sailing at at the moment.

We sailed on three cruises last summer, Viking, Cunard and Celebrity and they were all around 50% capacity which was amazing.

We are just a little concerned that the capacity will be back up to 100% and not all the full crew onboard?

Does anyone know how popular the speciality dining restaurants are on the ship and if we can book them in advance of sailing?

Thank you

We are onboard Enchanted Princess now and it's sailing at 60% on our 5 day Northern Europe cruise. Venues are still pretty busy at peak times however.

We booked speciality dining in advance via the Medallion Class app and I would recommend doing it this way - not having much luck loading Dine My Way on our phones or via the stateroom TV whilst onboard.

Edited by dides

I;m booked on the 23rd of July sailing and our roll call is expecting it to almost full. When it went live for booking they were only selling Balcony, mini's and suites then a few weeks ago they listed the insides and they ae selling well to as most of the rest are sold out. So if you ask me how full the ship is will depend on how well the cruise is selling, so some will be fuller than others. x 

4 hours ago, minikiss said:

I;m booked on the 23rd of July sailing and our roll call is expecting it to almost full. When it went live for booking they were only selling Balcony, mini's and suites then a few weeks ago they listed the insides and they ae selling well to as most of the rest are sold out. So if you ask me how full the ship is will depend on how well the cruise is selling, so some will be fuller than others. x 

I wondered about them only selling balcony and above on our sailing and thought they were obviously holding the insides back; annoying really as we usually book an inside for our kids and we’ve had to put them in a balcony 🙁.  I’m expecting all the sailings in our main summer months to be at full capacity - they’ll want to recoup as much as possible after the last couple of years.