Connecting Balconies on Sunshine

bstel

Looking at a pre-Thanksgiving cruise on Sunshine out of Charleston.  Per the deck plans there are a grand total of 12 pairs of connecting balconies (24 rooms total). All of the connecting balconies are Spa rooms, no regular rooms.  Of the 12 pairs only 2 pairs are double/double pairs.  The other 10 are either double/triple or double/quad.  Neither of the 2 double/double are fully available because 1 room in each pair are booked.  But Carnival wont let me book a double/triple since we only have 4 people.  Is there a chance of getting this if I push hard enough or should I just change my booking and add a 3rd person for $109 and then no show them the day of the cruise?

Do you want rooms where the steward can open up the partition between the balconies? Or do you want rooms with internal doors between them (connecting staterooms)?

Carnival's goCCL page goes over each stateroom - and if it has a balcony, which room the balcony can be opened to conjoin. For example, here's deck 5's list for Sunshine: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/757/~/carnival-sunshine-(sh)-stateroom-descriptions---deck-5

I am surprised the connecting staterooms for your sailing are all half booked, usually those sell in pairs for obvious reasons.

Edited by mz-s

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Do you want rooms where the steward can open up the partition between the balconies? Or do you want rooms with internal doors between them (connecting staterooms)?

Carnival's goCCL page goes over each stateroom - and if it has a balcony, which room the balcony can be opened to conjoin. For example, here's deck 5's list for Sunshine: https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/757/~/carnival-sunshine-(sh)-stateroom-descriptions---deck-5

I am surprised the connecting staterooms for your sailing are all half booked, usually those sell in pairs for obvious reasons.

was really wanting connecting rooms, not balconies.  Yes i was also surprised they let a person with 1 room book a connecting room.