Where can I buy sparkling wine and DDP at Seattle airport or Pier 91?

Eli_6

I am going to attempt to fly with just a carry on. If I succeed in this, I won't be able to bring my diet dr. pepper or my bottle of wine that I can carry on the ship. I was wondering where I could buy sparkling wine to carry on the ship or my 12 pack of diet dr. pepper at or near the airport or at or near Pier 91?  I will not have a car and just be taking either a shuttle or uber. 

Are you flying in the day of your cruise, or arriving the day before?

No retail services at Pier 91, and the closest grocery store there would be Whole Foods, which would not carry your soda brand.  All WA grocery stores and convenience stores carry wine.

There is a Total Wine close to Pier 91.

If you arrive in Seattle the day before your cruise, the easiest way would be to shop early morning before your cruise.  I am guessing you already know that you will have to carry on your soda and wine.

• Like 2

Not sure where your hotel is, but there's a Metropolitan Market in Queen Anne, 7 minutes from Pier 91 by car. That would have both your DDP and sparkling wine to choose from.  And if you're there, treat yourself to one (or several) of Met Market's "The Cookie" - it's a chocolate chip and walnut cookie baked fresh daily that's so good, even I, who can skip dessert on the ship every night, have a hard time resisting when someone brings them into work. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Are you flying in the day of your cruise, or arriving the day before?

No retail services at Pier 91, and the closest grocery store there would be Whole Foods, which would not carry your soda brand.  All WA grocery stores and convenience stores carry wine.

There is a Total Wine close to Pier 91.

If you arrive in Seattle the day before your cruise, the easiest way would be to shop early morning before your cruise.  I am guessing you already know that you will have to carry on your soda and wine.

The day before.  Yes, I know I have to carry on the wine and DDP on the ship, but I have to check it at the airport.  

However, now that I am actually packing...I don't know if I am going to meet my goal of getting everything into just our carry-ons. We are a family of 4 so lots of coats, mittens, hats, devices, etc. Admittedly, though, still a little nervous about flying with DDP and champagne in a checked bag.  Seems like that might make a big mess if it explodes...although, I did once fly to the UK with a case of DDP only to get there and realize that they sell Dr. Pepper everywhere there. 

If you are arriving the day before, then honestly I would wait and make your purchases here.  The hotel front desk could direct you to the nearest grocery store where you could buy both your soda and sparkling wine.

Think layers, and be more concerned with keeping dry, rather than being too cold.

• Like 2